Thursday, June 21, 2012

Keeping out the Mockingbirds

The news this morning was so full of so much stuff that I have chosen not to blog about all the stressfull current events, all though I must say: " Evoking Executive priveldge?"..what are they hiding?

Anyways, Senior and I this coming weekend are working on raised garden beds, I absolutin tootin cant wait. It is something I have wanted for a long time.
But, (and there is always a "But" in there somewhere)...  Its growing tomatoes..and mockingbirds..
They love maters as much as we do...I get excited watching them grow and turn orange to red, and then I start seeing the little holes, and the holes become bigger...grrrrrrrrr

So what is recommended to keep birds out of a garden? I guess we could make a scarecrow of sorts..But would that really work? Mockingbirds are agressive little pests anyways, Once we had a nest in our orange tree and even the poor dog couldnt go outside without being attacked, it was like a WWII air raid... So, do I honestly think a scarecrow would indeed work and scare them off? noooooo

Any advice would be greatly appreciated....now I am off here to meet my Russian friends...

4 comments:

  1. Shotgun. Number 8 shot. Aim. Pull trigger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like one person said, this shows how high-up in the .gov the corruption really goes. But I think a lot of us already knew that.
    It would be a joy to shoot the squawking crows that have decided to make our little place their B&B, but we are in the 'burbs and cannot discharge a firearm within the city limits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would suggest a photo of the D.C. Idiot to scare off the birds, but someone may start target practice on it, other then Senior and yourself. rolls eyes.

    We have the idiot here again tomorrow to give a speech at a Disney Resort.

    ReplyDelete
  4. JUGM - put some poles/stakes at the four corners of your raised bed that are a good foot taller than the bed. then attach bird netting over the top. i have some blog posts that show how we do it. let me know if you want further instructions. i had birds nipping at my tiny seedlings, so that's why we put up the bird netting!

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete