Sunday, September 2, 2012

Roses and a Sunday Morning

My coffee is perked and in my cup. Both boys were up exceptionally early playing with monster trucks. ND decided to once again scare mommy-my little "Mootie Moot" is gonna get it one of these days.

Let it be known that I love roses. I mean what girl doesn't right ? So,I cleaned out my nice concrete flower box, and started with my Knock-out rose bush that the boys gave me for Mothers day. Then I saw long stem roses at Home Depot. Yellow roses are my absolute favorite, so I chose one called " Gold Medal".  Then, a couple days later I found some smaller sizes, and got a nice blood red one.
I have room for one more, and would love a Bi-color bush--so if anyone out there EVER wanted to buy me a present..that would be a nice idea..just saying...  : )



The boys love the roses, their insightful comments never cease to amaze me though, NW said " Now we don't have to buys you flowers anymore, whenever you want a pretty rose, you can just come out here"...  hmmmm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
During our ride to school the other morning, we noticed how beautiful the sunrise looked, and thinking of Kymber and all her Sky pics, I took this one..Looks like God took a paint brush across the sky:
 
 
 
My Father in law has a complete family of Hummingbirds, there were dozens of them playing and fluttering around his feeders..So I stood as still as I could to snap this picture :
 



Now, we are off to start our Sunday, we are having a Labor Day weekend Shrimp boil with neighborhood friends. So, we are off on another fun adventure..... 


7 comments:

  1. the roses are just beautiful, girl...and you know how much i love seeing pics of the sky - especially sky pics that are a million miles away from my sky - thanks for snapping the pic and sharing! i can't even begin to count the number of hours i have spent trying to get a half-decent pic of our hummingbirds - you did a great job! yours look bigger than ours though....ours are ruby-throated hummingbirds...what are yours!

    oh tell me more about the shrimp boil!!! what do you have with the shrimp??? we do shrimp/lobster/crab boils with steamed clams, mussells and corn on the cobs with tons of potatoe salads and biscuits - yummeh! i need to know what you guys do down there! i hope that you have a fantastic rest of the long weekend! enjoy, buddy!

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome...as much as you share your Canadian Sky, I will try to start sharing more of my Florida Sky.

      There were so many hummingbirds at his feeders, that it was easy. They would land and just sit there. Or hover staring at us. His are yellow bellied ones from South Carolina.

      We do what is called a "low country boil" it stems from the low country coastal areas of South Carolina, with lots of shrimp, sausage, potatoes and corn. However today I think we are omitting some of those ingredients. I will snap some pics and post them later.

      Delete
  2. I love the look of the roses. I can't wait to get my own house so I can start a giant flower garden :) The boil sounds like so much fun! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I got tired of spending money on annuals only to have them die a few months later. I got my knock out rose for mothers day, and it has done really well. So i decided to get in to roses--much easier and as long as you take care of them they last forever.

      Delete
  3. It was cool having us standing there and having all of them racing around us, chasing each other and fighting at the feeder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think your hubby would appreciate me sending you roses, I learned a long time ago that it wasn't in my best interests to piss off senior chiefs LOL jacob's ladders are pretty climbing roses tho

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahah...no it isnt good to piss off a Senior Chief. lol but thanks for the thought...

      Delete