Disclaimer: I do try to not get overly political on my blog. However, this story is being ignored by the mainstream media, and I feel it should get out there and people made aware. if you do not like my post on the subject then simply click off it.
I wanted to put this story on my blog this morning because these comments do concern me. I am worried about friends, and family who live in and around the large cities. Twitter has been lighting up recently with comments on attempts of Romney's life should he win the election. Again, more of the same from the typical Obama supporter. If you don't believe me, then read the article, take notice of the language and grammar and look at who is doing the tweets:
Obama Supporters Continue Romney Threats
I believe that there are two types of Democrats. There is first, the kind making the threats on twitter. Promising violence if their guy does not win, I want a hand out, gimme a free phone, house, and gas type.
Then there is the second- Which is what we have in our neighborhood- Global warming, alfalfa sprout eating, Whole Food Store shopping, anti-gun and tree hugger, lets save a spider, but screw paying 3.50 for a gallon of gas type.
Since we have this second category in our community, I am not overly worried about us here should Romney win. I am more worried about those of you out in the more populous areas. People like my parents, who are elderly, and lived in the same house for over 55 years. The neighborhood once a good place to raise kids. Now its infested with high crime and blight. Should SHTF, my parents are a perfect target.
I do know and understand this is very heated election. Probably the most important election in history. And in any election, there will be a loser and his supporters will be upset. But to riot? What level of intelligence is that?
Many in our neighborhood have signs in their yards, we have elected not to should any acts of vandalism occur. If these threats ring true, then those with a Romney sign will indeed become a target. So, I am encouraging you all on election night, to be alert and vigilant. Stay inside if you can, keep blinds closed, a shotgun, and battle rifle by the door-It wouldn't hurt just in case.
I couldn't stand to read all the tweets! Dumb people saying dumb crap!!! I think your parents need to get a motel or come to your house that night!
ReplyDeleteI know ! Same here. I do think the majority of them will not act-most are just talk and no action. But there is always that small group of people that will.
DeleteI am going to try to get my parents to go to hotel. But I know they won't. Unfortuantly my parents have the belief that everything will be okay. My mother is blind to a lot of things.
You get enough of them together and there will be trouble!!! I absolutely hated the last election! The lines to vote, that were never there before a black man ran for office made me sick! I cried all night after that. I think that's when I got serious about our future, hmm I never realized that until now. Oh well one good thing came from him being elected Ha!!
DeleteAnd for those reading here, I would fill up on Sunday or Monday before the election, no later than early Tuesday morning, in case riots break out and you need to get out of Dodge. You don't want to be a sitting duck at a gas station when the democritters ;) roll up beside you to beat you down.... or worse.
ReplyDeleteIf you can store some gas safely and haven't yet done so, that would be a prudent idea also.
Nice Blog!
Thanks for stopping by Barlow!. And also thanks for the great advice ! you are correct, and it will be something we do the morning of the election. Senior is in college, and I am thankful he does not have a class that night, so he can be home.
DeleteI know if there is any rioting at all, it will be in the bigger cities, like Chicago, Detroit, and etc... places far away from me, and I hope from you all as well.
Thanks Barlow! I didn't think about that! We'll be filling up this weekend!!!
DeleteWe need to be very wary of hoaxes trying to ignite the mobs. They will be setting them up in many places in my opinion. Also if they try black panther stunts again this time it is going to end well.
ReplyDeleteBah should have been NOT going to end well.
DeleteI have decided to stock up on every thing I might need during the week after the election and that way will not have to go near the 'city' for at least that long. I, too, am concerned no matter who wins as there seem to be 'crazies' on both sides. I am stocked for long term stuff, but will add some short term supplies. I am afraid if Obummer wins, we'll need the long term.
ReplyDeleteI have been lurking here....I enjoy your and hubby's blogs! Blessings!
We have done some extra stocking up as well, I fear him being re-elected. And I prepare as if he will be. You know prepare for the worse, hope for the best?
DeleteThanks for stopping by!
Love your blog! I found you through Day by Day with Beth Marie, your name caught my eye. :)
ReplyDeleteI live in Orlando and my neighbors that are for Obama wouldn't start riots, but we will be prepared because we are in the city limits. The day of the election we will remove our Romney sign. We're also getting my grandma to stay with us or my parents because she is in a not so good neighborhood. The gas is a good idea, thanks. We've already been stocking up on food, water and such.
Marie
Thanks for stopping by Sweet Marie! And a even bigger thanks for hitting the follower button. I really appreciate it.
DeleteWe are always down in your area!...with little kids, we love all the parks.
Good idea to remove your signs, and get the grandma to stay with you..wish my parents were of that thinking.
I'm your newest follower.:)
ReplyDeleteI read a lot of those tweets...almost seem like they are coming from the same one or two people if you look at the grammar or lack thereof. I have no intention of being anywhere but on the farm that week but our town is a small town without much of that sort of element.
ReplyDeleteI would like to add a third type of Democrat to your list however. The third type is the old style democrat who believes JFK to have been the greatest, believes that the democrat party is the party of the working man and supports unions. They are not typically on the the handout rolls and are not the type two either. I know these people as I married into a family of them. Type three are appalled at the idea of riots but are more than happy to come to anyone's defense if attacked. For the record, I have decided I am a libertarian with anarchist sympathies and I believe that the constitution is where we as a country need to get back to...we have strayed too far.
Agreed we have strayed to far. I like to think of myself as a "constitutionalist" I also believe that it is time for a serious Third party candidate.
DeleteHowever, right now is am inportant election, and while Romney was in no way my first choice, I have had to get behind him and support him in his effort.
I forgot about that third style democrat, but how will they vote? Are they going to stay along party lines? Or realize that the current democrat in office has done a horrible job ? Are they wanting to vote him out?