At precisely this time last Saturday we were at the ER with NW. He had a IV hooked to his arm, and couldn't walk. We were transported to the children's hospital via ambulance where he continued to receive fluids for his Myositis. We got to go home Sunday, and he has had to drink Gatorade every day since. He went back to School on Wednesday. And today, a week later he was back on the baseball field. Where he hit a single, and was driven home by the next batter. I was one proud Mama!
We lost 3-2. But it didn't matter. To see my baby out there healthy again and running meant the world to me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Update on Seniors dad: From what we understand, he is doing better but will still remain in the hospital Senior leaves again to drive up to visit him tomorrow. We hope that things are looking up and his dads health continues to improve....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here is a funny thing that happened to me yesterday: I had to pay a visit to the courthouse- Federal marshals were inside at the security checkpoint. Prior to entering I made sure I did not have any weapons, and My cell phone was in the car. I forgot about my fancy bullet pen.
The scanner went a bit nuts, and the marshal sent my purse back through it again. He looked at me funny, and said " Ma'am you have quite a bit of metal in there"
I got wide eyed, and remember my pen... " Oh no! My pen!" " Sir that is a writing pen"
He said on the scanner it looked like some sort of medical needle.
I took it out to show him that it was nothing dangerous, and he smiled. the Marshal at the other end of the counter inquired as to it, and complimented it. I told him he could find the man that makes them at any of the local gun shows.
Senior laughed when I told him what happened and said " Your such a trouble maker with your assault weapons pen! "
-JUGM
All good news, and thoughts and prayers continue for Senior's dad.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear your son was able to get "back into the game" so soon after his illness!! I'm sure the next game they'll win!
ReplyDeletebetty
Glad your son is better! It's so scary when they get sick! Hope Seniors dad gets better soon too.
ReplyDeleteFunny story, you trouble maker LOL!!!