Wednesday, February 5, 2014
Baseball..An Update
As luck would have it, the call came right at the rush hour in our house, cleaning up from dinner, trying to get the boys out of the door for early evening dentist appointment... When it rang, I did jump and rushed to look at the caller ID.
No one I recognized so this must be it, I answered and looked over to the dinner table with a thumbs up. Senior smiled.
His name is Coach C, and NW was his first pick, but he saw that NW had a brother..and took him as well. ( what a great guy!, I like him all ready) I was very grateful that he picked both, and thanked him repeatedly for doing so.
And yes, as all can guess Senior is going to assist.
So they are going to be "Orioles" and not a team with any sort of royal blue colors, we have drawers full of royal blue ball socks, and belts.
We had to explain to ND what the Orioles were , he kept insisting that it was actually the "Oreos" lol
Then Senior showed them pictures of the Baltimore Orioles, and of the most famous one : Mr. Cal Ripken Jr.
So all is right in our world for now, Tonight is a meet and greet with the team, and tomorrow is the first practice. Saturday is a league clinic with the local high school baseball team ..which I think is great, the little kids look up to the bigger ones, and it is a learning experience for all involved.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Yah!...Let's hear it for the boys. Have a fun season. I remember those days although it was about a hundred years ago!...hahahaha
ReplyDeleteWasn't a hundred years ago...you don't look a day over 35. We are looking forward to the season, of course we say that now, might be a different story by the time May gets here...lol
DeleteDid I ever tell you that you are my favorite blogger?!?
DeleteAwwww..Thanks!
DeleteWhat great news!!!!! My daughter is signed up for softball this year. They will be the fireflies or stars not sure which yet and their color is pink! I hope she likes it :)
ReplyDelete.There is a girls minor softball team and their colors are hot pink and black..they look sharp on the field.
Deletethere is so much pink stuff out there now for girls softball and baseball.: bats, batbags, helmets...very cute stuff. I hope she enjoys her season
Bravo to the boys. Good luck
ReplyDeleteJUGM,
ReplyDeleteWoooohooooo both boys on the same team!!!! As parents you must be excited both boys on the same team, going to the same games together. This makes things so much easier :-) Enjoy your meet and greet, can't wait to hear about it.
Having both on the same team certainly will make practice going easier. When I was young the teams were single year brackets only so my parents ran around like crazy getting us to the practices.
ReplyDelete