Monday, April 14, 2014
Blood Moon and other Oddities
Don't faint...its me writing a post! Still helping with our company but with todays Blood Moon I could not resist a post. So I have taken time out of shoveling mulch to do one. I am a lover of all things celestrial, and with weather permitting here tonight I hope to wake up and get a glimpse...
Senior and I were driving this morning to the mulch dealer, and I told him this entire week is a Palindrome.... Each date this week can be written symmetrically backwards. I was explaining this to the boys today, and got some very odd looks. Have you ever tried explaining what a palindrome is to a 7 year old? He thought it was some sort of skating rink.
I also reminded Senior that it is a Blood Moon tonight, It is the first of four that will be spread out in six month intervals over the next year and all four will be visible in the USA. And, that it will be on Passover. All four fall on important Jewish dates, and so have previous blood moons. Then I mentioned all the recent earthquakes, and that Mars and Earth are in alighnment this week and Senior Shivered...
-JUGM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Good thing you didn't live a couple of hundred years ago, you'd have gotten burned at the stake.
ReplyDeleteI was going to go out and look at the blood moon but it's supposed to be all cloudy so I guess I will miss it, at least the first one.
There are lots of people here, especially old people, who are very uncomfortable with this blood moon business. God knows what the snake handlers will make of it!
Glock Mom, I hope I didn't give the wrong impression. What I was trying to say was that people who knew a lot about astronomy and the like ran the risk of being accussed of witchcraft back then. :-(
DeleteI am sorry I was such a blond and did not respond to you Harry...I thought I had.
DeleteNo, you did not give me the wrong impression at all-I knew that in the past, folks would be persecuted for those things.
Will also miss it due to clouds.
ReplyDeleteSent you and Senior an email for a couple of laughs. Its all good. Had to remind a certain someone of his place in the scheme of things... lol
hey - send me that email too....i'd love a good laugh!
DeleteIt was cloudy here as well and I could. Not see it....yea I was bummed.
DeleteNice to see the black bears didn't get to you. The cold weather has returned to Mn again. But warmer next week. Well see.
ReplyDeleteThe black bear population is swelling down here. I expect seasonal hunting to begin
DeleteGood to see you back, and yes that IS a tad strange... :-)
ReplyDeleteNot sure exactly how much "back" i am..lol. but thanks good to see you too.
DeleteMatt, I saw what you were speaking of, guess the vibes from the upcoming Blood Moon and cocktails of prescription drugs and alcohol has managed to "rattle" ole Randle. I almost swear I was reading transcripts from the Jerry Springer show over there. LOL
ReplyDeleteIt truly is a strange read over there. I personally think he needs a few more prescriptions so that he would just shut up and enjoy his little drug induced nirvana, but hey, he needs his little 1st Amendment Zone too.
DeleteQuestions though.... are we supposed to send money to Stephen now? As our cult leader, that wasn't part the deal. he can just go pinch some more of Duke's gun stuff.....
holy moly - what the heck did i miss? we've been busy with our fundraising thing and i just haven't been able to stay on top of all of my blogs. Matt - send me an email!
DeleteThat man is a feaking pill popping loony and those who buy into his rants are just as loony.
DeleteYes Matt, we all must send money to our cult leader Stephen, 10 crispy new $100 bills in sequential serial order, along with a case of Honey Buns and Hoppes #9. Joking of course.
DeleteJUGM,
ReplyDeleteWelcome back!!!! Blood Moon, oh what a beautiful site.
Not sure just how much "back" I am..lol. tons still going on. But i will try to post more frequently.
DeleteI was thinking about ya today....wondering if everything is alright with the family. Looks like I don't need to worry any further......I too will be looking for the blood moon tonite.....very interesting when it falls on ones birthday as well!
ReplyDeleteAwww you're so sweet. We think so much alike. But bedore you stay up late tonight to see the eclipse.. it was overnight last night and into this morninga wee hours....
DeleteGurlie - we had a heavy fog for the past two days but it has finally lifted. i can't wait to go out this evening and try and get a glimpse of the blood moon...and hopefully a picture! we are living in some very interesting celestial times for people who know about, and understand these things. people read their history...but do they consider the positions of the planets and the moon phases during particular times in history?
ReplyDeletei loved this post. you should do more of them.
much love to you and Senior and the boys - i know that you guys are working hard right now. your friend,
kymber
Hi ya gurlie. .blood moon eclipse was last night..lol.
DeleteIt was cloudy here as well ans I could not view it....got to wait until October for the next one....
But the eclipse brought out the loonys....lol
That's good. I try to be careful but sometimes I make people mad without meaning to.
ReplyDelete