Yesterday prior to the Superbowl there was nothing on. So, I flipped over to the SyFy channel. It was a monster/disaster movie marathon. Movies that are so corny, poorly written, and poorly acted that they could never stand the chance of winning and Oscar.
One title caught my attention and I thought it would be fun to watch.."Mega Shark vs Mecha Shark"
It begins with a large iceberg being towed into Egypt, the iceberg shatters unleashing a prehistoric Megalodon shark. It goes on a rampage terrorizing the worlds oceans, it takes out fishing boats, an oil rig, a Navy ship and submarine, an air craft carrier, and even flies up to 30,000 feet to attempt to down a 747. However, never fear the government with help from the Navy creates a robotic copy: "Mecha Shark" to seek out megalodon and battle to the death. Piloted by a female operator( if you watch "stalker" Wed. on CBS- she plays the blond DA) Mecha Shark, is all computerized and voiced by "KITT" From "Night Rider" .
Well, I was half way through it when Senior came walking into the living room and sat next to me, After he asked "What in the heck are you watching" His critique of this fine cinematic production began.
First, it was the Admiral wearing SWO pins on his collar, then the crew of the aircraft carrier wearing the navy emblem on their ball caps. Then there was all the other countless uniform discrepancies, and inconsistencies on board the various navy ships.
Towards the end of the movie, Senior was going nuts sitting on the edge of the couch and I was in tears laughing so hard my sides were hurting.. He made for a most entertaining afternoon.
I included the official trailer for your viewing pleasure:
So who won?
ReplyDeletemecha shark...lol they tied a bomb to it, and rammed it in to the megalodon.
Deletebahahaah! i'm like Senior...when we watch canadian documentaries or movies about canadian soldiers i near lose my nut when they have the wrong insignia, berets or cap badges - arghghghgh! but that movie sounded like a perfect snooze fest or the perfect "storm day" movie - bahahahahah!
ReplyDeletesending much love to you and yours always! your friend,
kymber
Canada has soldiers?
DeleteAnd they have a navy....
DeletePP - yer a wiener. 'nuff said. oh and btw - did you ever hear the one about the only time the US got their butts kicked on their own soul? ya, canada is the only country that ever entered the US, kicked yer butts and burned down your white house. look up the war of 1814 if yer smart enough to use wikipedia. ya wiener! still love you tho.
Deleteand JUGM - we do have a navy. it's small. Senior could be in charge of all of it, it's that small...but we do got one!
kymber I know all too well yall have a Navy, back in the day before cell phones, I managed the base phone centers.. it was a long distance and international calling place. I remember all too well the Canadian ships pulling in and the guys using the phones. Once ( before i met senior) My manager and I were asked to attend a party on one of the ships... yea I didn't go. She did though and I did not hear from her the rest of the night until she showed up the next morning hung over...
DeleteUhmmm kymber that was the British under General Ross that burned Washington. Of course all that was going on as Jackson was taking prisoners down in Louisiana.
Deleteyo dude - ever heard of Brock? he was lieutenant General of "Upper Canada" at the time. there was also a "lower Canada" at the time.
DeleteKymber: OMG ! I think the only movie Senior has not blasted is "Hunt for Red October"...and even then he went off on the plane crash on the carriers flight deck, while they were still launching planes..
ReplyDeleteHugs to you and Jam...glad you made it through the latest storm okay...
Gurlie - because i worked in canadian and US intelligence services, i cannot stand to watch shows or movies about NSA, the CIA or the FBI - makes me absolutely crazy!!!we made it through snowpalooza but what we are going through tonight - which wasn't announced as a major storm but is one - whew! won't be surprised to wake up in the morn with no power. but we're prepared as always!
Deletemuch love to you and yours Gurlie, always! your friend,
kymber
Hey now, just because we like to see things done correctly there's nothing wrong with that is there?
ReplyDeleteIt is comic relief to sit and watching a navy movie with you guys...
DeleteYou are not alone on that box! My husband does this when we watch movies..especially when it turns out to be a "B" movie...through the whole thing critiquing! Most of the time I have to leave the room...drives me batty! Sometimes I end up laughing so much that I forget to watch the movie...
ReplyDeleteIf nothing else you get a workout.....or at leadt I do from laughin!
Yea that is how I was--laughing so hard I forgot about the movie. I had to go find it on you tube to see the ending.
DeleteI have a bad habit of getting annoyed when the weaponry in war movies is wrong. For instance, the German soldiers in The Blue Max charging across no man's land carrying British Enfield rifles. I know all about the willing suspension of disbelief in terms of enjoying a movie, but in certain areas my tolerance for artistic license is greatly diminished. I'm sure Senior Chief watching a show filled with inaccuracies about the Navy would be a volatile combination.
ReplyDeletewith your background, I am very positive watching any movie dealing with firearms can be unnerving. Senior gets like that too, when he watches crime dramas with me, that is why he never really watches them.
DeleteI think Senior reached his artisit license with this movie, when the shark sunk an entire air craft carrier..
JUGM,
ReplyDeleteI love my husband but there are times when you just want to watch a movie, and not listen to the constant critiquing. Like Senior, my husband loved "Hunt for Red October". Another movie worth watching, "The American Sniper"........my husband was very quiet during the entire movie and really enjoyed it.......no critiques at all.
I wonder if having duct tape next to my chair would help the next time we watch something together, lol......
In our spare time we are watching some DVD's one of the guys at work lent Bulldog Man of that series "The Walking Dead".
Sending hugs and love to you and yours.
Sandy
speaking of the walking dead...that days movie marathon ended with ( and I am not making this up) "Abraham Lincoln vs The Zombies"
DeleteSenior picked a couple of things in "hunt" but over all he likes it. Can't go see American Sniper because we have no one to babysit the boys. We will have to wait until it comes out on DVD.. : (
hugs to you all as well
You think Senior is bad, try being an AVGEEK like me. I have seen planes in movies that fly that in real life could never get off the ground. Show the wrong stock video footage, forget about it. I noticed on Sons Of Liberty the same soldiers beat the same patriot more then once.
ReplyDelete