Today is the last day of school for this year. Which means class Christmas parties. I like doing "gifts in a jar" so I bought dry cookie mixes, added in some more chocolate chips, dressed up mason jars a bit, printed the recipes on decorative card stock and the boys are giving them to their teachers. I do these quite often and its always a hit.
Today is also a Christmas lunch thing at Seniors work, so I made "White Trash Candy" for the occasions. If you have never had any, its like crack, you cant get enough of it. And if you have had it, then you know what I mean. I told Senior that since it is so addicting to please not bring any home. I also put some in quart baggies, and added to the teacher gift bags for the kids.
If you are looking for a quick snack to make, its really easy, just add dry cereal, such as rice or corn chex, cheerios, salted peanuts, pretzel sticks...coat it all with white chocolate, let it cool...and there ya go!
In this case I also added in Christmas colored M&Ms, but I don't think you can see them too well. Anyways, if you have questions on making it, just go do a google search, there are tons of recipes for it.
Well I can not believe that a week from today is Christmas. Is anyone else in shock over that? I have about all my Christmas shopping done, just got little things left to pick up. It has not been a bad year for shopping, Amazon has had amazing deals, and they had a free prime trial, so I had free shipping on everything. Yahoo! lol . I just keep reminding myself to cancel it in the next few days so I am not charged 99.00 for it.
So now I am off here to finish things up before kids get out of school. Happy Friday everyone! Stay safe out there...
-JUGM


I love the shape of the Rocks. They just have a cute look to them (round!) and good egg layers. And a great choice of teacher gifts... who doesn't love homemade cookies? The jars turned out pretty.
ReplyDeleteYeah, I hear ya on Christmas being so close. At least we got more snow than we know what to do with now so I can get the sewing machine fired up and finish up the gifts. I promised the boys that if we got a foot of snow on the ground they could play the wii (AFTER it gets shoveled). Not quite a foot but pretty darn close, much to their delight! haha
Ohhhh your so lucky! Snow.. Here it has been way above normal, but will be back down to 26 tomorrow. Cold air wont last.Christmas is supposed to be rainy and in the 70s. Local ski slopes are going to suffer.
DeleteI like my rock girls too, they are very friendly and like to follow me around the coop
JUGM,
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your Rock girls, I hope they produce plenty of eggs :-)
White trash candy, looks good and just looking at it will put 10 pounds on each of my hips, LOL.....
Glad your ready for Christmas, enjoy and don't work to hard.
Love to you and yours,
Sandy
Just this week they have started laying. Yes the candy is awesome and taste great in the mornings with coffee.
DeleteMuch love to you guys too!
We got four Barred Rock hens and our Rooster is one as well. I am hoping one of the hens goes broody this Spring. One of them has now taken to climbing the ladder up to the hay loft each morning to lay. It's funny as hell watching her "hop" up that ladder.
ReplyDeleteI have a pallat in the coop for the chickens to play on. And these girls as well like climbing on it and jumping off. It's a hoot to watch
DeleteYou said "Christmas!" If you weren't on the feds watch list, you are now. "Winter Festival" is the preferred "Think-Speak."
ReplyDeleteGlad your chickens are getting along. That can be a problem. I have thrown many a dead chicken into the woods after they settled their problems with beak and spur. I am thinking of banning beaks and spurs by Executive Order.
Oh crikey I am so busted! Please not the federal watch list....
DeleteLast spring I had a Rhode island Red that completley tore another hens back up. Once they taste blood that's is. I got rid of that cannible chicken.
Will have to try that candy! And no I cannot believe we are almost done with this year...ffffflllllleeeeeewwwwww by! Merry Christmas!!
ReplyDeletethis year has been like a witch on a broom stick...."zooooomed" right by.
DeleteYes try the candy, I renamed it "Christmas Crack" because its just that addicting. Senior said, all his co-workers could not get enough, that he felt like a dealer...lol