Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Only Me....



 

Hello Blogger friends...I know its been a while, a lot has happened since July 26th when I last posted. 
For those of you who don't know- My dad passed away on August 13th.We were told he had 6-8 months, but it turned out to be more like 6-8 days. None of us knew just how bad his health had declined, and how much he neglected himself to take care of my mother.  
His death has rocked me and my little family to the core...the boys have lost another grandparent, and Senior and I have lost much, much more. It has hurt deeply. But we all have one another and support each other daily. My dad meant a lot to all of us and he is missed every second of the day.

Mom is now comfortably in a nursing home,it wasn't anything that we actually had wanted to do, but her alzheimers has progressed so fast, that after dads health went down hill it was the best alternative for her. It is a beautiful place along the river , and she is getting excellent care. My sister and I drop in unannounced all the time, and every visit has been positive. I wish it did not have to come down to that, but it was for the best and she is where she needs to be.

My brother is still being an ass. My sister and I are getting an outside guardian for mom, as we feel with the situation with our brother and how he is behaving, that it is the best thing. All the attorneys agree, but my brother doesn't and is fighting us on it, I fear it will get much more uglier before it gets better. 

***********************************************
 We have been busy this fall as both boys have been playing football. Due to their ages they were on different teams and it has been hectic. Finally the last games were tonight. With NW's team winning the county championship, and NDs team finishing in second place. We are very proud of both boys, as this was a new sport for them...there were times when they wanted to quit, but they stood tall and made it through

Well it is getting late, so I will end this for now... Hope you all have a good night...

-JUGM

14 comments:

  1. MOM, glad to see your around. Been thinking about you and the family. I understand what your going through. We see Deb's dad from time to time. It gets hard to deal with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rob, Numerpus times I would sit down and try to post something but just didnt have it in me until last night. Finally I can talk about my dad without getting tears

      Delete
  2. JUGM,

    See great minds think alike, we both came back the same time :-)

    Sweetie, I feel the pain of your Dad's passing, and Mom's Alzheimer's. The good Lord made sure we met via the computer because he knew we both were going to go through the same issues with our parents. They're Angels all around you and your family who care for you deeply. Two of those Angels are Kymber and myself. Please remember were here for you (((JUGM))).

    A big congratulations to NW for winning the county championship, and ND for finishing in 2nd place!!!

    Sending hugs and love to you and your family.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya know I think too that is why we met... thank you my dear friend

      Delete
  3. Glad to see you are back. So very sorry to hear about your Dad, his passing on top of all the difficulties with your Mom must have just been crushing.
    So far as your brother goes, get a guardian and let the lawyers handle it. In the long run, it will be his loss.

    Congrats on the winning football players in your family. Team sports teach lots of good lessons, and if they didn't like as much as they had hoped, they can try another sport or activity next year. Been there, done that with the "Mom's carpool":)
    Been thinking about you, glad you are back.
    Suz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. My sister was trying to be decent to my brother for the sake of unity and asked him after Dad passed to be moms new guardian. All was going well until he went off via nasty emails to my sisters attorney and his own.
      Thats why we decided to go for professional one.

      Delete
  4. You and Senior have sure had a lot to cope with, and I know it wears you down. These things work out, but it takes some time. At least you have a really nice , tranquil place there and your family is a strong one.

    I' m glad you are back, I've missed your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. yes its a very tranquil place...many times I have walked around alone or got in the garden by myself and talked to Dad and had a good cry.

      Delete
  5. So glad to hear from you again. I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. And, am glad to hear that your Mom made it through the hurricane. Had hears about many nursing homes moving their patients & am glad hers did just that. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help from this end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was very worried about mom. But they moved the patients to the second floor. But it did not go too well. They said mom and otbers were really agitated and it took a few days to get them settled down.

      Delete
  6. I have loved hearing about your Dad's woodcarving and seeing his items he carved. I am sorry to hear he died. It was hard when Daddy died. The fierce pain goes away eventually, but even now, 35 years later, tears come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you..Dad had a real talent for woodcarving. I was able to get a.fish he did before my brother got it.
      Some days are better then others. the big adjustment for me is not being able to call him anymore. Dont think the hole in my heart will ever heal.

      Delete
  7. Loss of a parent is never easy, nor is caring for one... Thoughts and prayers for the situation to come to a good resolution.

    ReplyDelete