Monday, January 23, 2017
snowflake math....
Had a liberal say to my niece the other day: "You think I am a snowflake, if enough of us get together we will make a political avalanche"..so it.got us all thinking....
There are approximately 100,000 snowflakes in one ounce of snow
The current U.S population ( as of 1/22/17) is 325,436,815
46% identify as democrats
324,118,787 x .46 = 149,700,935 snowflakes ( I rounded up)
149,700,935 /100,000= 1,497.009349 ounces of snow
1,498 (rounded)oz /16 oz = 93.6 pounds of snow ( give or take)
All the snowflakes coast to coast would barely cover my car with snow, much less an avalanche.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


rolls eyes, shrugs shoulders, lowers head...walks away..Some guys wives...shaking head. You have too much time on your hands.. ;)~
ReplyDeleteC'mon now...you know thats funny!!!!
DeleteI'm confused...well, a little more than my usual :)) but I couldn't get a clear handle on what all these folks were doing wandering around Washington (and other cities) waving signs, screaming profanity, and generally making a spectacle of themselves. They were non-violent, I give them that, which is a plus, but otherwise...I don't get it.
ReplyDeleteIf they were protesting Trump...the guy has just gotten sworn in, hasn't had a chance to DO Anything yet. Except, hire a pretty sharp cookie like KellyAnne Conway, who always looked nice, spoke clearly and logically and didn't take crap from anyone. Ok, so he shouldn't have hugged her and called her baby, but, hey...the guy is 70, she is young enough to be a daughter of his, and he didn't want her to fall on her face in heels on the steps at the ball...I can handle that. His daughter Ivanka, besides looking gorgeous, is articulate, has 3 well behaved kids ( well, ok, 2, the baby is too young to get into too much trouble yet)and she runs a business. And traveled ALL over America helping out her dad when she was out-to-here pregnant and probably didn't want to stand in the hot sun, or rain, or shake a million or so hands of her Dad's supporters. Besides that, rumor has it, she talked to him about the importance of family leave and daycare for working mom types. (Which last I looked, are generally regarded as "woman's issues".)
And I wont even mention Melania, who definitely hit it out of the park with her outfits over the past weekend, and although she looked a little nervous at times, definitely appears to dote on both her son and her husband. Someone who was smart enough to immigrate to the US, marry a guy who is worth big bucks, and keep his interest for the past 12+ years. She also had a business line of her own. So she must be more than just another pretty face.
I think it just shows that manners, being presentable, keeping a civil tongue in your mouth, and not shrieking at folks will get ya much farther than temper tantrums. My grandma had a saying about getting farther with honey than vinegar. This is a guy who has a huge list of women in his (former) businesses, and even his ex's speak civilly of him. And all of the so-called complaints about ill-treatment that came out during the campaign melted away when he turned the hot light of potential legal action on them.
So, like I told my mom, I'm inclined to give the guy some time and space to see what he can do. After all, a good job, lower taxes, lower cost health care, and safer streets are certainly women's issues.
And, hey, if nothing else he has already helped many to begin the journey of getting healthier by getting off the couch and going for a walk.
My neice asked that original question and she was crucified by liberals. I dont get why they are protesting at all...Trump is very pro women. I like KellyAnne Conway insprires me, and I loved her "Trump Revolution " dress she wore..that was awesome!
DeleteLets face it: The entire Trump family is gorgeous! I can see Eric Trump running for senate or congress. Melania has more class in her pinky finger then michelle has in her whole body.
But I am with you on giving the man a chance. Look what we just went through over the last 8 years...couldnt be any worse!
LOL, they didn't count on you actually DOING the math...
ReplyDeleteI think its freaking hilarious..
DeleteJUGM,
ReplyDeleteLOL!!!! Cute post! Looks like you got some snow but not enough flakes to cover your car completely.
Hugs,
Sandy
Sandy
I wish we did get some snow.... thats a car from my neices necknof the woods...
DeleteIt's so odd that the Moon Bats and that crowd are getting so aggressive now. Some odd things are happening in that regards, like the woman who went berserk on the fellow passenger aboard their flight. There are an awful lot of absolutely mentally ill people out there right now.
ReplyDeleteI completely agree Harry.. I think the airplane lady takes the cake. Senior as well works with a lady who also had a complete meltdown when Trump won..
DeleteI guess this is the legacy obama has left us with: A nation of crybabies