Last night we sat proudly and watch our President give his first speech to a joint session of congress... I found it inspiring, I felt like the adults were back in charge and was so proud of him. And I loved his new tie.. : )
What I found to be a pathetic show was of course the democrats: Nancy Pelosi, Wasserman-Shultz and all the others like them, dressed in white, and sitting on their hands, stone faced, and being completely disgusted by the fact that they had to sit there and listen to President Trump speak... And what the heck was up with the white suits? I heard it was something about the suffragettes and woman's equality...who said women weren't given equal rights????
A very emotional moment came when:
President Trump honored a fallen hero, Navy Seal Senior Chief Ryan Owens.. He also honored his widow Carryn Owens, he reassured her that her husband did not die in vain, that the mission he was on had been highly successful, and he thanked her many times over. She received a standing ovation and a thunderous applause that went on for several minutes, as expected she was overwhelmed with emotion..my heart went out to her, I can't imagine the pain she must be going through. But then the worst of the worst came... a public act of disrespect like none I have ever seen before from our elected leaders while some democrats stood to honor her, there were those pathetic people who didn't. These people are shameless and should not call themselves representatives of this country. I understand it was their right to sit and behave like a 2 year old. But, when a military hero is being honored I expect them to be respected. I expect petty differences to be put aside. You may not like President Trump, heck I never liked Obama, but when he honored our military I showed respect, these pathetic democrats should do the same.
Our military are not politicians, they volunteer and put their life on the line every day for this great country. I hope the constitutants of those that sat were watching and will hold them accountable next time there is a vote.
Oh and for those people who said Ivanka should have hugged her or something...I did see her comfort this poor lady, I saw several times that she whispered to her, and put a gentle hand on her...
Then there was more disrespect when Trump was talking about murders caused by illegals... A father in attendance-his son murdered by an illegal who has been deported twice but kept coming back.... The GOP applauded Trumps new ideas but the Democrats sat...so I guess its okay for American citizens to be murdered by illegals. I loved how the President looked at that side of the room and asked all the law makers in attendance what would they do if that was their child?
Then there was this guy:
Who I felt bared a striking resemblance to this guy:
You remember him right ? The bad evil old man ghost from Poltergeist 2 ( the other side)...
Well the first guy is the former governor of Kentucky Steve Beshear and given his likeness to the second guy I kept expecting to hear " Your all gonna die"!!!!!!!!
...This is the best the democrats could come up with for a rebuttal? The 72 year old ex democrat governor who was ousted by a republican, from the same state that Trump won overwhelmingly? How Weak!
He sat there in a diner with a bunch of old cronies around him, looking all pissed off like they forget their daily dose of stool softeners. He is an EX for a reason, which I am sure has a lot to do with the way the coal industry has been done by the former administration and the EPA.
As for President Trumps speech, he really hit it out of the park. He was on point, did not meander off topic, and looked distinguished and quite Presidential.
-JUGM





These demo-craps were/are absolutely evil. Unless I missed it..... Trump should have stopped right there and called these evil people out individually by name and demand they stand for this widow and deceased hero-husband. There is such a thing as common decency. And while it was about respect for her and not scoring points..... he could have buried these hateful people for a ton of points.
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely shameful.
Oh, as far as the "white" look, don't forget the democrats originally invented that look with the white sheets and burnt crosses and all that
DeleteYou and Senior think just alike..he said that same thing last night.
DeleteIt was incredibly shameful, and I was hoping he would call them out by name, but with the constant looks at them and calling the party out I think he got the point out there.... that party is imploding
DeleteI watched the entire speech, and I agree completely with your post. The President did extremely well. I fully anticipated some kind of juvenile antics from the Democrats, and I hoped most of them wouldn't show up.
ReplyDeleteThe Democrats don't care at all about the country. Like a number of Republicans, they care about their own agenda, their own personal feathering of nests, and above all maintaining the status quo of a system that gives them power, wealth, and fame.
I saw that old fool from Kentucky. I turned off the television after about a minute of his babbling.
I felt a lot of anger towards the Democrats for their behavior when the SEAL's widow was introduced. Some of them acted decently but many of them did not.
That's a good post, Glock Mom.
Thanks Harry! The joke of the day is by far the ex governor. This was the best they could do? Then I remembered their only poster boy is obama
DeleteThe democrats who wore white forgot their pointy hoods last night.
ReplyDeleteSometines I wished they wore them...some of them women hit a few branches when they fell out of the ugly tree.
Deleteoh bahahahahhahah! oh bahahahahahah!~ i will never forget this insult! hit too many branches falling out of the ugly tree - i know some women like this - bahahahahahah! xoxoxo
Deletemy dad used to say that all time. another good one he had was " your so ugly you couldn't stop a Mac Truck" lol
DeleteFWIW, the stunt with the white getup was a pathetic and insulting attempt to somehow equate the plight of the Dems with the oppressed Damas de Blanco in Cuba.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.babalublog.com/2017/03/01/meet-the-real-ladies-in-white-not-the-ones-who-showed-up-last-night-to-trumps-address/
Thanks for that! I heard it also had something to do with the sufferget movement and not going backwards on womens rights...
DeleteThe only thing they were missing was their white hoods, as others have said. And yes, completely disrespectful to NOT stand for the widow of Ryan Owens, but at this point I don't expect any better from the dems...
ReplyDeleteme either
DeleteYes, I agree that Trump did well, but then, I was sure he would. I would give it a B+ as I think he will continue to improve as he gets more practice using the teleprompter.
ReplyDeleteSo far as the babes-in-white go...really?? The guy got elected by a WOMAN running his campaign, he has a couple of ladies in his cabinet, and several more working in high level positions in his administration...what "woman's rights" are they afraid of him revoking? I mean, seriously?!?! He said on the campaign trail that so far as he was concerned Roe v Wade was established law...those babes need to grow up, and get over it...
I felt so sorry for Mrs. Owens. She must have felt that the standing O went on forever. You could tell she was trying hard not to break-down in front of everyone in his memory. I saw a few of Dems stand for that, but maybe they are the ones up for election in 2018. Major kudos to Trump to put that in about he checked with the General about the importance of the info that Owen's team collected. My DH said earlier in the evening, he didn't believe the MSM spin that the info gathered was no big deal, because everytime something like these raids occur and they get intelligence, for the next couple of months we hear about drone raids and killings of top level bad guys. I'm good with that. Major points to her for going, and getting the recognition her husband deserves.
I didn't bother to listen to the Dem's response after about the first three minutes as the guy doing it seemed smarmy and the folks sitting behind him looked like bobble-head dolls. I had important stuff to do like dishes...
I didn't think this was a "re-invention" of Trump. I have thought for a while now that this guy is very smart, and caring, ok, a little crazy, but who isn't; bottom line, he is an adult and a sharp successful businessman in a tough business. Now he is in a tougher business, politics. I am sure he will be successful here also. And shake up DC in a major way while doing it.
Hey Suz-- The dems response was equivocal to comic relief.
DeleteI like when Trump said that too about checking with his military...I just wished he would have added that this particular raid was planned when BO was still in office...
I hope this was a Trump reinvention... I think he needs to stop some of the blame game though, and focus on all the important issues..
teehee. those women falling out of the ugly tree and hitting too many branches had me in fits!!! even up here in canada it was reported that he looked like a president, sounded and acted like a president...so he is on a roll! having Harry post a link to your blog post is a real compliment - good on ya Gurlie!
ReplyDeletesending much love to all of you! your friend, always!
kymber
Yes he is on a roll. Hope it keeps up for us. I saw what Harry did, that was pretty cool
DeleteIf the Democrats could get it through their heads that losing the election was the best thing that could ever have happened to our country and stop acting like a bunch of spoiled brats they may get somewhere but for them not to stand to honor a fallen hero that goes above and beyond being a spoiled brat, it is downright disrespectful, not only to our fallen soldier but to our country. Pretty much says,without words, what kind of an American they are. Hopefully their voters back home will remember and when their time to be reelected comes up they should lose big time.
ReplyDeletePresident Trump took on a big nut to chew from our former administration and for the time he has had to get the ball rolling I think he has done a lot, way more then I ever thought could be. Guess the best I can do to describe our new President is he is a "work in progress" and coming along nicely.
I am sure none of us gets everything they want, that's just life, but to be disrespectful to those who serve they have a real problem, I don't think they allow 2 year old's to run for office; guess I must have been mistaken.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteAgreed with all you said. Trump is a working President, he did not take on this job just for the perks of it, like the past administration. He really does love this country and wants to help straighten some things out. And yes I also agree he has done more in 1 month then the past did in 8 years. Trump showed Hannity around the White House, when they reached the oval office, there was his desk,stacked with files, and all sorts of paperwork...never saw that in the past.
DeleteWell said. I'm finding it interesting to compare President Trump to President Reagan, although it might be a bit too early. While Reagan had previous political experience, both are mavericks, and rocking the establishment with "We the people" ideas. How refreshing after the last eight years!
ReplyDeleteI think that comparison is too early to tell yet. I think he needs to quit doing some things, and do more like he did Tuesday night with his speech...if he can keep up that then I think he will be around for 8 years.
DeleteGood post, JUGM. I didn't watch President Trump's speech. I was afraid I'd launch something into the tv at the sight of those bitter, dour legislators who whined about the Republicans being obstructionists, blah, blah, blah the past several years. But I ended up watching the news clips, reading the articles and had seen the photos - what a bunch of sorry excuses for legislators. People who are supposed to be statesmen/women who have been screeching that we have an 'unpresidential' president. They should resign. What a show to the world of how 'jayvee' they are. What a total show of disrespect to a widowed woman whose husband gave his life for this country. His family sacrificed, too, and for those who sat on their friggin' hands and rear ends is just utterly disgusting. They could have at least stood and acknowledged her, being the upstanding people they are. But then they are of the same group that kneels during the national anthem. They only use the flag to advance their own agendas and raise money for their campaigns. They are like telemarketers. And they are still wondering why they are getting their sorry asses voted out the door? Duh....
ReplyDeleteThe display of the old biddies dressed in white (don't they know you don't wear white until after Memorial Day? Being such smart women I would have thought they knew that) in a show of solidarity of women's rights/suffrage (??) is rich considering they are multimillionaires. Especially Pelosi, the woman who shook the gavel and declared to all "I'm the most powerful woman of America" when she became Speaker of the House. Oooh, such suffrage. I don't get what they are all bitchin' about except that their queen didn't get elected. Boo-hoo, they should have selected a better candidate. Maybe even an honest one, but then I think they would be hard-pressed in that bunch. They should heed their past hero president's quote after his election to the rest of us.... 'I won, get over it'. Yeah, that was presidential.
I'll go back to my corner now... Can't you tell, I'm sick of their belly-achin'.... ;^)
Well I did want to point out the major fashion fauxpah about not wearing white before memorial day, but you beat me to it....
ReplyDeleteRant all you want to, the democrat party is inploding and they are all too ignorant to see it
All this whinning and protesting is going to come back and bite them, people like you, me and all the other hard working, God fearing , flag waving patriots are sick of the BS, and we spoke loudly this past election.
PS: The constitution, and our flag are nothing more then a road block to the far left....it was proven Tuesday night they care notning for our country or our military.
DeleteCan't wait for our country to get back on track; and just watch how those who are protesting now will somehow try to take credit for it. What more could you expect from an organization whose symbol is a "jackass" they are certainly living up to it.
ReplyDeleteLmao..you would think by now that they would change their mascot. Now the witch hunt is out for Session's..SMH!!!
DeleteCan't wait for our country to get back on track; and just watch how those who are protesting now will somehow try to take credit for it. What more could you expect from an organization whose symbol is a "jackass" they are certainly living up to it.
ReplyDeleteI cant wait either, and I think we are on the slow path towards it... But the Democrats really do need to stop this russian witch hunt they are on...
DeleteThe inauguration was one of the proudest moments of my life. I have to admit, that during that speech, I went through half a box of Kleenex, and sat so close to the screen, that I was crossed-eyed for days! It was so inspiring, and I know that there will be some big - and very necessary- changes made!
ReplyDelete