Happy Sunday Everyone! I am so Thankful for another day to write you to you good people.
Last night we decided to follow the lead of a woman that was recently shown on the NatGeo special about “preppers”. This particular lady was an urban prepper some where out in either Arizona or New Mexico . She was doing a lot of good things, but the only problem I had with her ideas was she had no real bug out plan. However, putting that aside; she turned us on to some inexpensive dry storage techniques. One of which is a 2-liter bottle. I have never thought to use them, they make a light weight way to transport your dried goods, normally we use mylar bags or gallon sized mason jars. Rinse the bottles out and let them dry thoroughly.
Here are some pictures of us storing popcorn:
So how are you getting them airtight? I like this idea.
ReplyDeleteLila- We put an oxygen eater in with the popcorn.. Guess i should have said that in the posting-Duh! Just becareful not to break the eater because the soda bottle opening is so small. I have packets, but i believe you can get oxygen eaters in a smaller size. Also, you can probably wrap some tape around the lid. Just only use Dry good, and make sure the bottle is good and cleaned out and dried on the inside.
ReplyDeleteWe started to set aside these 2 liter soda bottles to use for water. With the up coming Hurricane Katina, I am filling them today to freeze and use in the fridge in event of power outage should we lose power.
ReplyDeleteWe are keeping an eye on Katina and hope the the best.
I enjoy your blog, thanks for posting.
Rob-Welcome to the Clothesline! I write about a little bit of everything on here, so come back and visit often. Yes we do that as well with 2-liter bottles and It works for any occasion that may arise.
ReplyDeleteGood idea, I like to save the 1 gal Arizona tea jugs. They are extremely heavy duty.
ReplyDeleteDuke.
Duke, Those do make good storage bottles as well. And the mouth on them are a bit wider then the soda bottles. Maybe I need to pick up some Arizona tea.. Thnx!
ReplyDelete