Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Born on the 3rd of July...



Today is our big boys birthday!  ( mom cries).  We have been blessed with healthy and happy babies..and no matter how old they get, our boys will always be mamas babies....

Everyone asks me why didn't I wait and have him on the 4th? That is because I was suffering from preclampsia, and my blood pressure was going through the roof. The whole day on the 3rd I was feeling horrible, I remember cooking a boston butt and homemade mac and cheese. Senior had gone to Home Depot for something,and I called a friend for advice on the way I was feeling. She said get to labor and delivery right now...

Senior came home and we drove the distance to the Naval hospital.
I was very fortunate to have done so..with such a high blood pressure, I could have started to seizure, the staff was ready to transport me to the Trama Center at the University Hospital..NOT a place I actually wanted to go...but they are top notch in emergency medicine.
However, the naval staff got me stablized until the surgeon could come in, and at 945pm that night, I had an emergency C-Section... the whole night was a roller coaster ride of emotions, my immediate family was in the waiting room, and when Senior rolled our precious baby out to meet them..my mother leans in to him and says " I am your Nee Nee"...he started screaming!  lol

So, today the birthday boy has requested batman stuff, and a batman cake..( no parties with friends..as mom is all partied from the previous years)...  He has asked for pancakes for breakfast. and for dinner he would like spicey chicken wings, and my home made mac n cheese. Senior has school tonight so we shall celebrate prior to him going to class.  My sister has given him a giftcard and its burning a hole in his pocket, so I am sure we will go shopping later. Tonight Spider Man 2 is on TV, so we shall settle in to watch and make popcorn...

And then I will do what I always do on his birthday, bring out pictures, and show him his baby album, and reflect and wonder just where did the years all go.... 



4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your big boy! (how old is he?) i hope that he has a fantastic birthday!

    i am so glad that you called your friend when you did and that she told you to get to the hospital!!! your supper sounds deelish - what time should i be there?

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell him happy birthday from me, give him a hug and kiss and we'll see him soon.

      Delete
  2. Thank You all for the well wishes...he had a fabulous Batman filled day. : ) Kymber he turned 7.
    Yes Stephen we will all get together soon...I am sure hugs are definantly needed.. : )

    ReplyDelete