Sunday, July 28, 2013

Night Time

The nocturnal world comes to life as the sun is setting. Bats play around the trees, mother spider spins a new work of art, fireflies dance across the back pasture and tree crickets chirp a night time tune.

We have it on good authority that coyotes are in the area of the Country Estate. As we lit the fire , Senior prepared himself....


On the side of the  car port, Miss Charlotte spun her nightly web. Dont say spiders arent smart, she knows to place it in front of the flood light that attracts insects. 

Off in the distance we are watching a show by mother nature. Lightening dances across the sky to the east. A light breeze has picked up and the night with all its sounds and glory are in full swing. 

- JUGM









6 comments:

  1. If you have coyotes nearby you will hear them. I often sit out and listen to their yipping calls as they prowl the field edges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were seen as close as a mile away. Havent heard them yet though.

      Delete
  2. We've had sightings a few miles from Orlando. As long as they leave us and our pups alone I will leave them be. :)
    Beautiful web.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smart spider... :-) And you will normally hear yotes, rather than see them...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sunset and Sunrise are my favorite times of day. Quiet, still cool, and the sky is beautiful. I've got a fire pit between my house and my shop, and sometimes I'll sit out after dark like you are doing. The work of the day is all over and you can just rest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I live in the city and heard yipping coyotes in the yard across the street about 2 am. Now, I am very circumspect as I go out in the dark.

    ReplyDelete