Saturday, February 15, 2014

Options

Saturday was sunny but cool and windy. With the majority of the snow melted, and the fun times of the first ever snow ball fights forever etched in our memory. We set out to explore options for our future.
Senior has several employment applications out there. He is applying for something in both Florida and South Carolina. So all options are on the table.

One of those options is having a new home put on our property. We have looked at log and  custom built homes, but are leaning towards a doublewide or modular.

We found this one with Clayton Homes and really liked it:



Our favorite thing was the fireplace and wood trim. 



13 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. They have come a long way since I had a mobile home 40 years ago,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they have.....now they have to meet the same standards as a stick built home.

      Delete
  2. That's a really nice looking place. Wish I had something like that way out at the end of a desert road in the Oregon High Desert.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it! We live in a modular home. The only thing that's scary is tornado season. I hope you guys move to South Carolina :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do toi Kelly. It is going to be where God leads us and where Senior finds a job. What ever happens. No matter what we are keeping our SC property.

      Delete
  4. I've been known for being honest, and well here it goes. Financially, a modular home is not an investment. The resale value is worse than a used car and the craftsmanship can be sketchy depending on the company. The pictures look great though. A smaller permanent structure would get you a better return on your money. Just my $.02

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You K. We are aware of that..and at this point it is one of our options. If we do end up moving to our property.. that would be the last move we make. This piece of
      land has been in Seniors family for decades and we want to keep it that way.

      Delete
  5. JUGM,

    I wish Senior well with finding employment in Florida and / or South Carolina. These pictures of the double wide are really nice. I love the fireplace and the wood too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish y'all well and hope it works out... And I have to echo K's post...

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is very pretty. I have heard that mobile homes are better built now than in the past so I don't know if the resale value has changed or not. I'd weigh all of the options and as you said. Let God lead you and you won't go wrong. . We bought a very old mobile for $600.00 to live in while building our house. I wasn't even sure it was going to make the trip to the woods! It is still on the property as a storage shed..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know what happened to my post.
    Will try again. If you get two kind of the same delete one!

    That mobile is very pretty and like you said better built than those in the past. We bought a really, really old mobile for $600.00 to live in while we worked on our house and property. It was so bad looking I did not know if it would make the trip through the woods. It is still here on our property being used for storage. When we get the pole barn finished it is leaving after almost 30 more years added to however old it was to begin with. Never did have a title!

    You said the best thing above. Pray about it and let God lead you. You won't go wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yea Mama-- I have the moderation on if a person comments to a post more then 24 hours old...

    We have the old trailer up on the property that was from 1971....it is like the one you described. Once probabte is over we are having it hauled off....

    ReplyDelete