Upon cleaning out more shoe boxes that my Father-in-Law used to store all his paper items. I came across several of these old journals that
Harrington and Richardson used to print. This one is dated from the early 80s. They were sold for the bargain price of $1.50.
I particularly liked this article on the H & R Revolver, when first produced it sold
for a price of $5.50-$8.00.
I personally had not heard of this brand, so upon further investigation I found their website:
H&R 1871 and they are indeed still in business. In 2000 they were aquired by Marlin Firearms.
I asked Senior, and while he knew the brand, he did not know of the jounals.
Anyways, something kind of cool and useful that I can flip through and learn something new, from something old. It will help once Senior is done constructing our range.
In other news, the weather here has been nothing short of gorgeous. This coming week will be a bit stressful, I am headed to Florida and showing up at one of my mothers doctors appointment... oh boy!
-JUGM
H&R built some good guns over the years, including some M-1 Garands that will just flat SHOOT! :-) Hope things go well in Florida.
ReplyDeleteThanks my friend..I hope things go well in Florida too.
DeleteHope all goes well this week with your mom.
ReplyDeleteThanks Rob....
DeleteH & R used to make some damned nice shotguns too. Reliable and sturdy. I love finding old magazines and stuff like that. Nice score.
ReplyDeleteHave a safe trip!!!
JUGM,
ReplyDeleteH&R Guns are great guns.
Your FIL picked some great reading material to keep and use as reference in the future. You will enjoy reading this material.
Be safe and good luck with the doctors appointment (a surprise visit for your Mom).
Sending love and hugs to you, Senior, and the Boys.
Sandy
I can remember H&R guns being in a glass case at the local paint store.
ReplyDeleteI love to read old journals, catalogs, and magazines about subjects that interest me. Those are a good find. Hope the visit to Florida is not too stressful.