Tuesday, October 14, 2014

turnips and chicks...

Yep!  the seeds that spilt out of the bag two weeks ago have sprouted..It will be fun sorting through this mess.
We put the rest of the baby chicks in the coop. Took a day or two but everyone is getting along well . This little beauty is " Stella":
This is one out of the five roosters:
He is a little banty as a baby his head was all white and reminded us of a bald eagle so, we named him "Patriot" he is a mamas boy, when I go in the coop he always comes right up to me and follows us all around. 

15 comments:

  1. Woot!!! You're Turnin Up Ckicks!!!

    OMW there now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. JUGM,

    Be careful with that weather, hunker down and take care of family and critters.
    Keeping y'all in my prayers.

    Stella and Patriot are cute. I know they'll have you and the boys trained very well, lol....
    Sending love and hugs to you, Senior, and the boys.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patriot is the most outgoing with a big personality..He loves people.

      The bad weather for us lasted most of the night, lots of strong winds, a few down limbs and soaking rains.. But we are okay this morning and God blessed us with a beautiful and breezy day..

      Love to you guys as well!

      Delete
  3. JUGM- So you've resorted to putting up pictures of chicks to increase your web hits. Good Job!!! - K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Dude! You just gave me an idea for a weekly blog post... lol

      Delete
    2. Don't be stealin my tractor idea now :)

      Delete
    3. I'm not stealin your dirty ole man tractor idea...lol

      Delete
    4. Oh that's right I forgot you are so much younger than me at your constant 29 year holding pattern :)

      Delete
  4. If you ever need more chickens, let me know. I started out with three hens and two roosters, pure English Fighting Chicken stock, in 1999 and now, I have about 50 of my own special breed. A little banty hen showed up years ago and now I have white chickens, black chickens, and chickens that look like Golden Pheasants. I am thinking of naming the new breed "Harry's mountain chickens."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's kind of cool Harry...I wouldn't mind having one of your special breed chickens.... I will let you know...thanks!

      Delete
  5. Cute little peeps! It sure is fun to watch them feather out. And good luck on the turnips - oiy! Let Patriot thin them out for you ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably will feed them all some of the turnips. They go after grass clippings like its crack...lol

      Delete
  6. it makes me happy to think that someone out there loves their chickies as much as i luv mine! were we sisters in another lifetime?
    still gigglin bout the seeds...just thin them a bit when they get bigger ..they will grow
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. First the FJ cruiser and now chickens... I am beginning to wonder about the long lost sister thing....

    I am dreading thinning out the turnips..because they are not just there..j was able to scoop most of them and throw them out in the garden.. Ick!

    ReplyDelete