Friday, February 13, 2015

A little carmen?


The weather front came whipping through our area yesterday like a pack of dinosaurs in a china shop. And it was cold. Very Cold.  I was worried about the chickens, so I wrapped tarps around the rooster condo and put up the feed bags over the windows to keep the cold off them as much as possible. The ladies are now pumping out around two dozen eggs per week, and I don't want to lose one of them.

Senior is working a new job, and with the kids gone to school all day, this week has been quiet around the estate. I also got my prize from my girl Sandy-- I LOVE IT! 

Today, the mailbox found birthday cards for me from the Florida family. This is the month of births in my family. We have five of them withen a two week period. Yes it is like Christmas all over again.
My sister fortunately intercepted the card from my mother and included it with hers in a larger envelope, When I opened it and looked at what my mother was sending, I felt a bit of sadness for it showed a person who is deep in the throngs of mental issues: The envelope had my address scratched out several times and rewritten again and again, stickers, and stamps decorated the front and back side. . Inside was stuffed with all sorts of items that she collected around the house. But, it showed her love and caring for me, and I will cherish it always.

With today being "Valentines Eve" and tomorrow the day I dread all year-  I am in the mood for a little "Habanera" from Carmen. Oh, and enchiladas, all messy and scooped up with nacho chips. And perhaps an adult beverage or two.

Have a Happy Valentines Day Everyone!.. and remember:  you don't need one day to say " I LOVE YOU" you should do it every day.

13 comments:

  1. Hope you guys have a great day. Love enchiladas, sent husband to the country with the last of the batch we made & froze a couple of weeks ago. I stayed in the city to get some stuff done for my Mom. p.s. I just sent you a PM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it. and just responded to you. : )

      Enchiladas are soooooo yummy. There are only two left in the pan. Hope your mom is well.

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday to my dearest Gurlie! i am so sorry that your Mom is still not well...but she DID send you a card and some mementos...she does love and care for you! it sounds like you will have a lovely Valentine's Eve! we just got hit with 8 inches of snow...really pretty out there right now. poor jam has an abscess tooth and is on antibiotics...we caught it just in time! so for our Valentine's eve, we are watching something on netflix and then early to bed.

    much love to you and yours always! your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey My Gulie! Poor Jam hope his tooth gets better. Don't wanna be kissing on Valentines day when your mouth is all achey.

      I wish for some birthday snow, it would make turning 29 tomorrow all that more festive. : )

      Yes what mom sent was thoughtful, but like I said it made me a bit sad, but things that I will keep and hold on to.

      hugs to you and Jam stay warm and TTYL

      Delete
    2. WHAAAAAT???? turning 29???? i thought you were turning 26???? crap, i need to keep better birthday records!

      love ya! xox

      Delete
    3. Awww shoot! See in my old age I am getting Looney... Hahahahahaha

      Delete
    4. Awww shoot! See in my old age I am getting Looney... Hahahahahaha

      Delete
  3. My mom sends me packages (she is 87) and she puts things in them like little doll purses, kids shirts, etc. I used to call her and tell her please not to send that stuff but now I just figure if it makes her happy, what harm.

    We had brutally cold weather here last night and it's just going to get worse all the way through next Thursday, or almost a solid week. Lots of sleet and rain predicted, and temps down to single digits. Since you folks seem to get our weather a day later, it will probably be rough there too. I hope we all get through it ok. I had to go chop a tree out of the Jeep trail today when my wife tried to come home and found the trail blocked by a blow down.

    I am running an electric heater in the silkie chicken quarters now, 24 hours a day until this cold weather subsides.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really saddens me.

      Yea weather is getting even more cold here. So far my little silkie is doing okay, she shares a condo with our banty rooster so they keep each other pretty warm. I hope they produce some babies in the spring.
      The wind was really bad here too, but no big limbs down. I did have a heck of a time putting the tarps around the rooster condo.

      Delete
    2. It really saddens me.

      Yea weather is getting even more cold here. So far my little silkie is doing okay, she shares a condo with our banty rooster so they keep each other pretty warm. I hope they produce some babies in the spring.
      The wind was really bad here too, but no big limbs down. I did have a heck of a time putting the tarps around the rooster condo.

      Delete
  4. My Grandmother used to do stuff like that too. When I would go by and visit her she would try and send me home with some thing from the house. I would always make sure I put it back before I left, not sure what it would have been like if she have had to mail me stuff.

    We got a couple of colder days finally. Nothing compared to last Winter though. LOL after last Winter I laugh at single digits that only last a day or two. Got some surprise snow last night though but it was all gone by late afternoon when it hit almost 50 up here again. Torrow night is suppose to be down into the single digits again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we are supposed to get some of the white stuff Monday afternoon and evening. Going to be frigid here as well.

      My mom is always trying to pass her things off on us, the latest is her ole bowling ball, she has not bowled since the 70s.

      Delete
  5. Sweet JUGM,
    Happy Belated Birthday Sweetie. I'm so sorry for the delayed response.
    Mexican food and adults drinks sounds like fun :-)
    Woooohooooo Happy Birthday To You......Happy Birthday To You......Happy Birthday Dear JUGM......Happy Birthday To You!!!! 29 years of age and hold :-)

    Love You My Friend,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete