Thursday, November 19, 2015

refugees : a rant of sorts


Lots of liberal people I know, saying those of us who want a stop the refugees are non-christian, and hypocrites has me irked. The things they are saying is making me wonky to the point I want to pull my hair out. 
 A liberal German friend threw in everyone's face that her country has taken in thousands why can't the U.S.? This is also the same friend that thinks Bernie Sanders is a Role Model and thinks school lunches and health care should be free for everyone. 
  I am a Christian and I know all too well what the bible says about helping your neighbor and being a good Samaritan. While I am a firm believer in the bible, I also know that back in bible times, the ancient Philistines and Egyptians didn't have nukes, chemical weapons, guns, and bombs to torment the Hebrews.  Imagine if they had?
I am not apologizing for caring more about our own people maybe those liberals have forgotten about them -  You know the millions who are out of work, homeless and hungry. I prefer to help the many, American Veterans who gave selfishly to defend our country only to have that same country slap them in the face, the ones that are homeless and hungry and sleep every night on the street. 
 I have given out dollars here and there to those standing outside of a store holding signs asking for help, and pumped in 5.00 of gas to a ladies car because she was on empty and forget her wallet and was just trying to get home. More recently, we donated bags of clothes to a family who lost everything in the South Carolina floods. And, as a child I would go with my dad who was a fireman to buy food for the homeless that would hang out near his station. 
 So please stop telling me I am not a Christian or care about my fellow human being. 

 By not taking in Syrian Refugees and closing our borders does not make us "mean" And it doesn't make us insensitive to their plight, I just feel that for every legitimate refugee wanting a new start, there are those out there who aren't and only mean to wish us harm. And it is that percent no matter how big or small that I worry about.
A guy on twitter made this appropriate analogy today: " I lock my doors at night not because I hate those who are outside...I lock my doors because I love the people inside". 

-JUGM


15 comments:

  1. Good points all, and it's interesting to note that NONE of the Middle Eastern countries have taken ANY refugees... NONE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And why not China? How about Russia? I have not heard if they are taking any either...

      Delete
  2. All this immigration crap used to make my blood boil. It's funny because I just did a post where I mentioned immigration to night too.

    I never could understand it. Everyone was against it but yet the politicians still allowed it, no encourages it, even when the promised they would stop it. We would take immigrants from everywhere but European countries too. I thought it was some big conspiracy and for some on the far left it is. They hate us and want to drown us with non-Whites but that didn't explain all of them.

    Then I looked deeper and figured out that without all these immigrants there is No way the government can hope to pay out all the promises it has made. No way. They can't take in Germans or Irish either because all those countries are in the same shape as us. The only way it makes sense is that the politicians a. figure these immigrants will end up producing just like we who are already here by picking up the opening when they come available and b. Everyone and every culture is the same.

    Nothing I said helps I know. We could just as soon stop the Fed from printing money as stop the government from bringing in the entire world at this point. It would be better if we stopped both but doing so will still cause a collapse no matter which way we turn.

    Doesn't make it right though nor your rant wrong at all. Nor is taking care of your family first anti-Christian as you point out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does put things into perspective.... Thanks . I just get angry, I have two boys and their future worries me, and I can't imagine what this country will look like in the next 20 years..

      Delete
  3. Take care of Americans first. We have thousands upon thousands of homeless. There is hunger here among our own. We have enough aliens right now.....most of whom are illegal, using the resources that should be gong to our own. Does that make me a hypocrite? Then so be it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was happy that the House has pushed back and congressional Democrats crossed party lines to vote with the Republicans today. I am just sick of this administration not taking care of our own..

      Delete
    2. Yeah, and that scum bag Harry Reid has said he will stop the bill in the Senate.

      Delete
  4. I have decided to just not get worked up about it. It would make me crazy. I just keep going toward my goal of living amongst like minded individuals in a small southern community. Yes, we welcome all kinds but only those that are willing to pull their own weight on so many levels!

    Note: We'll be near your neck of the woods this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's absolutely making me wonky.. Shoot me an email and let me know when

      Delete
  5. JUGM,

    Great post Angel, I agree with what you've indicated. There are so many American's homeless, hungry, cold, and in need of work. We need to first help our family, then our own. Like you, we've donated clothing, bought groceries, gave money to the homeless, and needy. In the winter time we buy new blankets, and give them to the shelters to help keep the homeless warm. We help when we can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just sick of this countries compassion being questioned... America has made herself over the years be the savior of the world..and the first time we try to fight back, we are suddenly uncompassionate? BS! It really enrages me

      Delete
  6. hey Angel - i hear and sympathize with your frustration! and i believe that the minute that every canadian and american has a roof over their heads, 3 full meals a day, a job and a safe life...then we can worry about others. i want canadian and american young men and women who serve in the forces home and i want our canadian and american tax dollars spent in north america. and at the exact minute that everyone in canada and the US has a home, water, food, fuel, supplies and is well-looked after...then and only then will i worry about an area of the world that has been at war with itself for 2500 years.

    sending much love to you, Senior and the boys! love you bunches! your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since the days of Jacob and Esau and the birth right... Atleast that is how it was always explained to me. It's never supposed to be okay over there. Like you said, 2500 years of fighting. Now they are systematically taking over the world. Europe as we have known it will be no more and the North American continent is next.

      Much love to you and Jam

      Delete
  7. I heard a fellow on the radio ask why the same people who squall and holler about us not being the worlds policeman are the same one's demanding we become the worlds homeless shelter.

    Charity begins at home. As you point out, we have lots of people who need help here. So why, when we are short of food, water, housing, jobs, medical care etc do we need to import more non productive consumers to increase the welfare state burden?

    One of the news shows I watch had a guy on the program who works for a non-profit that receives millions in tax dollars from the federal government to use in "resettling" these "refugees" in the U.S.

    The shows host asked the guy what you do with people who have no language skills, no work skills, no common cultural connection with the host society. The answer was that you just provide them with all the things they need and the second or third generation will assimilate. Where the money was to come from, he did not say. I also note that exactly the opposite has been true in Europe, where second and third generation Moslem immigrants live in no go zones of their own creation, whine that all the benefits they receive from the host nation are not "enough", and now are killing their hosts wholesale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CBS news did a story in that last night, about how they have essentially taken over Belgium but no one works. They interviewed a young moslem man who as you just said was whinning about no jobs and they all feel left out. So that's why they turn to jihad. Obama has destroyed the coal industry in KY, our own people there live on less then 400 a month. But yet we are the heartless ones who don't want refugees....

      Delete