Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Healthcare Rant..Part 1

This country wants to go to government run health care ? As Fantabulous as that may sound I am here today to go on rant, about government run health care and the issues I am having getting Senior an appointment for the torn tendon in his wrist.
He was referred out to an orthopedic specialist. The referral was picked up by The local Tricare office who said "No"  he is retired we want him to go to the base.
That is all well and good, however the first opening they have is not until Mid December.
Senior is in extreme pain. It will most likely need surgery.
Now the run around begins, and multiple voice mails are being left for a representative from my local tricare office to call us back so we can initiate a "Right of Refusal"
Should this be granted, then he will be able to go to the civilian and much more competent specialist.
When I had my carpal tunnel surgery, I was sent to a civilian...why can't Senior? 

And please don't tell us that because  he is veteran that he "HAS" to go the base, because for five years Tricare has been preaching this : " If you live more then 30 miles from the nearest naval hospital you can be seen by a civilian".
 His MRI was done at a civilian facility, his primary care doctor - a civilian...so, why should this be different?

I am pulling my hair out, what is left is going gray. It is nonsense that no one can answer a blooming phone !  Leave a message please, we will get back to you within 24 hours.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr !!!!!!

And this is the sort of thing the uniformed voters wanted...the military has government health care. It is not all it is cracked up to be!  TRUST ME.
You  need to be seen by a specialist....sorry you got to wait a month! You broke your leg and it is fallen off...Sorry, You got to wait a month! . Senior is before having me cut off his hand.. And if I did, he would have to wait a month to get it re-attached.  Oh and while you wait take this prescription of good ole Vitamin M (motrin the military cure all) to ease your pain.

Just suffer is the message being sent, sorry you are in excruciating pain, but you are non-urgent..

Stay tuned for updates- I am sure some time soon there will be a part two

-JUGM



20 comments:

  1. Too bad you can't transfer his issues to some democrap wandering the streets that voted for this mess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wouldnt that be "Fantabulous" ! ( yes its my new word for the day)
      Can't you tell I am in a real peachy mood?

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry Senior is hurting... There isn't much that's worse than being in pain and having to play the stupid waiting game. The nightmare that is the VA will soon be everyone's "healthcare".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sci- Technically it is not the VA that he will be going to. He will be seen at the nearest base hospital. Its the fact that he has to wait until mid Dec. for his appt. and for any other medical procedure we have been allowed to see a Civ. Doctor. He is in pain and I don't want him waiting another three weeks...just so annoying

      Delete
  3. Well, like SciFi chick said , my wife and I are filling out the papers now to apply for
    VA medical benefits. She was Navy, I was USMC. In all these years, we never applied because we had good insurance through our jobs. But now, the state has cancelled the HMO we had (which wasn't all that good in itself) and starting January we have a "health expense reimbursement account" instead that requires us to spend $5000 a year before it pays anything at all. So we are being forced to go the VA route.

    I hate it that Senior Chief is having all this trouble getting health care concerns addressed. It seems a poor repayment for spending most of his adult life in the service of his country. Kind of like what Kipling was saying in his poem "Tommy Atkins."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really worry for you having to resort to the VA for medical care.We firmly believe the lack of care my Father in Law got while hospitalized help lead to his death. They are always in the news about substandard doctors. and the newest thing is getting veterans hooked on pain killers...so be ware!

      Delete
  4. Sorry girl. What about going to the emergency room? I know it's a pain in the butt but don't they have to fix you if you go there? I haven't had insurance in eight years so I don't know much about all the rules. I'm sure as hell not looking in to this Obamacare bullshit either! Ive already seen on FB one lady's letter cancelling her current insurance at $375 a month and offering her the new plan at over a grand a month!!!! WTH!!! I spent two weeks trying to find Indian heritage in my family so I could be excluded from this crap :/ It was neat to see my families past, but I'm pretty sure I'm just a white girl lol!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if his pain worsens then then the ER might be an option.
      Yes i have seen those horror stories as well about people losing the good coverage they had, and now paying triple in premiums...it is going to really hurt folks... I and Senior are part Cherokee..did not know about the indian heritage thing... that is good to know

      Delete
  5. Mob rule Democracy and Crony Bureaucracy. Gotta love it. Kelly might be right with the ER thing but I am sure you will be stuck totally with the bill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If we resort to the ER, then we will only have to pay a co-pay. But now that The navy tricare insurance knows of his condition they may flag it if it comes from an ER...I don't know.. Just a mess!

      Delete
  6. Well, Medicare is not much better. I have to wait 3 months to see my specialist....unless I am in a worsening mode....then it is only one month. My insurance was much better before Medicare. So were my doctors

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Medicare, Tricare, medicade, obamacare.. it is all the same. people don't have a clue. When we can tricare out to civilian doctors the care is excellant. but the base doctors we get nervous about...

      Delete
  7. JUGM,

    Hey sweetie, oh dear I'm sorry Senior is hurting.
    What a goat rope if you know what I mean dealing with the Obummer care.
    We are military retired on tricare prime, we are required to see civilian doctors because the base near us only takes active duty (because of the war). I don't deal with the local tricare office on base, I call the toll free number and deal directly with a representative. Have you tried the toll free number for your region? This may help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are on Tricare Prime as well. And we as well are too far from a base, so we go to Civilains for our PCM...until this one time, they just absolutly want Senior to come to the base 45 miles away, to be seen for his wrist...
      I did call the 1-800 # that is where we got the dreaded news...

      Delete
  8. A good threat I used trying to make the Marine an appointment is if I have to wait another day the next call will be to my congressman. I don't know if this works any longer due to Obamacare but it may be worth a shot. In the meantime here is some help for Senior. Get a tub of Blue-Emu and rub the sore area several times a day. Take 4 over the counter Ibuprofen (that will equal out to prescription strength)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mama! I have missed you! The Civilian doctor did give him some prescription meds, one of which is RX strength Ibuprofen. I saw the commercial for the Blue Emu. Going to pick some up, i have a few aches and pains as well and Icy hot does not do it any more...

      Delete
  9. I was on jury duty this past summer and they were still picking the jury for this particular case. The judge asked everyone in the room if they had commitments the following week that would prevent them from serving. People raised their hands and gave their various commitments, children's graduation, work related issues, etc. One man said he had an appointment with his doctor at Balboa Hospital here (military) and he didn't want to miss it otherwise if he had to reschedule it, it would be months before he could get in. The judge excused him from jury duty.

    Sorry to hear about your husband's wrist pain. I hope you can figure out a way to get through the loops to get him help sooner than later!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh Gurlie - i don't know anything about this Obummacare fiasco due to being canadian and i am very glad! there's some crap happening up here with veteran's offices being closed and everyone is up in arms - seems like our gov is paying attention and is re-considering closing them. the mere fact that Senior is in so much pain and not being seen is making me nuts - get him to put a tiny slash on the tip of his finger and then hit the ER!!! i wish i had some advice but i really don't know how it works down there??? drive up here for a visit - i can take him into the crappy hospital here and he will be looked at pronto - regardless of whether he is a canadian citizen or not!!!

    oh and look into your entitlements for both of you regarding native heritage. here in canada...if you can prove first nations/native ethnicity, there are many benefits that you can qualify for.

    much love. and pass a hug on to Senior. i hope that he can get seen soon and end his pain and your aggravation with phone calls and such. your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
  11. It will continue to get worse till the government steps in and takes over everything, which is their plan.

    ReplyDelete