Sunday, December 15, 2013

Sunday Stuff

It has been a busy past couple of days. Weather finally cooled down and it feels much more seasonal.
Got our tree put up, and threw some lights in the bushes in front of the house.
Got lots of shopping done...Being a Prime member with Amazon is awesome!.  I hate the crowds, and how wonky other shoppers can be.

Remember this guy?  Its Herman our Ceramic Christmas Watch Elf who comes to life every night and reports back to Santa during Christmas. The next morning we find him in different locations around  our house.
Well, Ole Herman is very old and the other night Libby was chasing the cat and the cat knocked Herman over before he could come to life and take his daily report to Santa..Being as old and fragile as he is, Herman Broke  : (  
Now it seems that Santa has decided to retire  Herman to Elfkin Island which is in the South Pacific to enjoy the rest of his years. Santa has told us that we may be getting a new, younger and more versatile Elf sent to us.... 


Yesterday Senior and I hit a gun show, more like a Taser show. Because it seemed like all they were selling. I asked by an over zellous salesman if I would like to protect myself and purchase a taser......lol

Today was church, yes I am happy to say that I am back going. Probably not every Sunday, but atleast more frequent then I was. The Pastor and his wife baked dozens and dozens of cookies, and fudge, and brought it all for the congreation. It is a yearly "Thank You" they do. Then the Choir did a Christmas Music Special.

After church, I got out in the garage with Senior to learn how to re-load. I did several rounds of .223, and watched how he does his 300 Blackout. He also showed me how easy it is to insert the primers. I hope he will let me do more. It is something I would like to become good at.

-JUGM



14 comments:

  1. Aw.....poor Herman. But retirement to an island in the South Pacific sounds pretty good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Retirement to anywhere warm and snow free sounds good to me right now,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is Herman sure his Elf Pension is fully funded? We wouldn't want Herman to not be able to pay for his hula girls and spiced rum now would we :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Currently it is, but I heard he might cash in his Elf 401K..after several hundred years of it he must have a fortune. Until he has to pay taxes....

      Delete
  4. hey Gurlie - i am sorry that poor Herman is retiring but i am sure that Santa will send a new elf asap! really glad to hear that you are learning how to reload..jam and i are interested in learning too and will do some serious study over the winter and then find some good equipment. i'm also glad that you are going back to church more frequently...another thing me and jam want to do. our prob is that we have one church in our village of framboise and another in fourchu. we prefer to go to the fourchu church but if we do, we could set off world war III. so we haven't been going to either church. anyway, it didn't stop snowing yesterday, or should i say blowing, until after 10pm so no snowmen were built. we'll get out there today and build one for the boys. i'll send you pics.

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The "Lee" reloading equipment is what we use. I have a ways to go with it..just started yesterday.

      Yes, please pics of snowmen, the boys have prayed for the past two years for it to snow...long range forecast for down here is for warmer temps..again.
      Not sure though about up at the Estate. We are spending New Years there so maybe we will see something.

      Delete
  5. Reloading is a great skill to have. Especially since you won't have to go out and buy all of the gear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no poor Herman!!!! My little one is annoyed when her elf does things it did last year. Oh the anxiety I have every morning lol!!! I started stealing FB friends ideas and life has been much easier :)
    I still have tons of shopping to do and only three days of school for the little one so I need to wrap it up soon :/ The crowds are ridiculous!!!! People are so rude and it's all I can do to stay my calm chipper self and smile at all the a-holes around. I need to shop online and have it delivered to my doorstep :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes without Amazon this year I would be lost. With Prime I have free shipping so that makes up for the gas I would have spent driving around. Still got little bits here and there to go out and get, but for the kids we are done. Thankfully without having to deal with crowded toy stores...

      Yes poor herman is retiring. There are website you can get ideas from as well.
      The new elf will be more verstile, not a little statue. So I am sure he will get in to all kinds of trouble.

      Delete
  7. Sorry Herman is no longer with us. I was looking forward to hearing where he was next. Too funny about the taser after all you are the Glock Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL, taser??? Hehehe, I'd have loved to see/hear your response! And good on ya for reloading. Now you can 'play' more! :-)

    ReplyDelete