Senior and I watch this show every week. It is one of our favorites. So it shocked us to learn that one of our favorite cast members passed away yesterday. The colorful Mitchell Guist. He and his brother Glen grew up in the swamps of Louisiana..living off the land.I doubt they ever went to a grocery store a day in their life and As my dad would say "They were a couple of Wooly Buggers".... The history channel could have done a show on just the brothers, and it would have been top rated...
Apparently he fell from his boat yesterday morning and was taken back to the dock and rushed to the hospital. Every episode featuring the Giust brothers was always a treat, always the comical pair, you couldn't help but laugh..but I respected their knowledge of survival and the skills they would highlight on the show, It won't be the same without the brothers in it...I know he will be greatly missed....

I haven't watch this shoe yet. Guess I'll have to catch the reruns now.
ReplyDeleteHey! you get bonus points for using "Wooly Buggers"
I haven't heard that word outside of the area where I grew up.
yea Matt-- get caught up, they have quite a few colorful cajuns on the show.
DeleteMy dad grew up in Apalachia...so that was a term I heard often..even have a few as family members... : )
never saw the show, sad to hear, but he was doing what he loved when he died.
ReplyDeleteThat is a shame. I liked that 'ole boy. He was young too. I use wooly booger every day.
ReplyDelete