Thursday, October 17, 2013

Today in Pics

For a mid October day, it was quite hot. Senior and I were busy trimming bushes around a substation. When I say bushes, I actually mean small trees, they were so high we needed a ladder to reach the top.  Then you curdle in pain from holding the gas powered hedge trimmers over your head.

As I was holding the ladder for him, I peered through the entanglement of branches and leaves and saw a small abandoned birds nest. Probably a mockingbirds former home. They are in abundance here and very aggressive.

 
Let the dogs out and looked on one of our patio chairs to find a ladybug sunning itself...
Aren't they suppose to be lucky?


Picked myself one of my Bi-Color roses, they smell like grapefruits...

 
Waiting in the car pickup line, I saw a train had just come through, I knew this to be true because it left its tracks .. lol
 
 
In True SUNNY BROOK FARM  fashion I stopped near the school to take a pic of this old barn that sits on the side of the road.. I love all things rustic.
 
 
While my parents were visiting, I caught "Jack the Cat" staring me down with his crossed eyes. Okay so the picture from my phone is a bit grainy, maybe one day the Camera Gods will surprise me with a super fancy camera..  
I am sure he was saying "What are you looking at? Havent you ever seen a crossed eyed cat before" ?
 
 
-JUGM

15 comments:

  1. Heh, are you sure he was actually looking at you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leave my boy Jack alone, I'm sorry he has "Blew Eyes", you know, one blew this way, other blew the other way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He Can't help it he is cross eyed and gay.. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. JUGM,

    I'm pretty sure Lady bugs bring luck when found.
    The temperatures have turned cooler here, are they cooler there? Probably not, since you have a Lady bug.

    Now that is a beautiful rose, I've never smelt a rose that smells like a grapefruit. This must be a very unique rose. One of those specialty rose bushes maybe?

    Old barns or structures come to life when looking through the camera lens. These type structures always make me think about those who previously owned them, and the stories behind them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Careful working in the weeds. There are some big snakes out your way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandy: yea, my other ones do not have that smell, only this one. Since it is Bi-Colored It is a specialty rose.
    That one in the pic has been the best bloom ever off that particular bush.
    I have a yellow one that is non stop blooming, my blood red rose bush though struggles.

    I see this barn all the time on the way to the oldest sons school. I too like to look at old structures and wonder about the history behind them. Once we get off the interstate and are on the back country roads going to our Carolina Estate, there are tons and tons of old buildings, one day I would love to just head out and do nothing but photograph them....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Harry: Of lord yes we know too look out for snakes, Once I was pulling weeds at the front entrance to one of our clients, and there sitting on some ground juniper was a baby black racer snake, He was sunning himself, and not startled at all that I was there working along side him. I think he was curious

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you're enjoying your weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it was nice...an impromptu visit up to SC, but otherwise good.

      Delete
  9. Sounds like a GOOD and productive day... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK, I'm still wondering about that cross-eyed cat. Does he do things differently? Does he walk funny? Do you remember back in the day if someone had "blew" eyes they would wear glasses with tape on them to train their eyes? Maybe he needs glasses! lmboooooooooooooo!
    Have a super day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. None of the above Sci. The only thing he does that is weird is that he thinks our male white boxer is his mother, and he tries to suckle.. okay, well I guess that is weird... lol

      Delete
    2. LOL Yeah it is, but I'd almost give money to see him doing it~

      Delete