Also for us it is the Liberty Bells ( Libby) 1st Birthday. We first thought to name her "Pearl" given her special birthday, but I looked at our Safe, and really like "Liberty" All though throughout the year she has been given many names : "Princess of Poo", " Libbidy McFibety", "Little Libby Lu-Lu" "Cruella" ... lol .
This was her a couple of days after we got her:
Now at 1 years old, she has grown to be the queen of the house, and protects her family. While she still does things that warrants a puppy time out, she is apart of our family. And we love her dearly.
On another note it is very hard to feel festive when the temperature map looks like this:
That would be us just under the 81 in Florida. I have tried to get the Christmas Spirit, but it was awfully hard when I was hanging blankets out to dry and I started to sweat.
The cold weather the rest of you are having is slowly inching this way. Honestly the map looks almost comical- People always think it is automatically 80 when they cross the state line, so now here is the proof.
The kids have wanted to decorate, but I have not been able to do it. It doesn't feel right putting up the tree when it feels like June outside. I did manage to put up my "Snowy Village" . Fortunately Libby has not chased the cat in to it yet.
I know some of you are wondering what the outcome was with the Christmas Party issue. I got some excellent advice, but in the end, My Auntie showed up for her monthly visit and she had other plans for me today. Yes I am feeling crummy. "Blah"
-JUGM




It's positively balmy outside here now. Almost 18 degrees :)
ReplyDeleteLibby looks like a barrel of energy that's for sure.
Tell her I said Happy Birfday!!
wow...flip that 18 around and it was our temp for the day. ..
Deleteyes Libby is full of energy, she especially likes Seniors things....
Gurlie - we will never forget!
ReplyDeleteyour little Libby sure looks like a handfull - but an awesome dog to have to protect the family and i have no doubt that she will. sorry it is so hot down there for xmas - we don't normally get any snow before xmas but if we do, we'll make a snowman for the boys. as for your Auntie - great excuse! i am sorry you are feeling so crummy and i wish i was there to rub your neck and back, make you whatever food you are craving (and yes - i make the best chocolate known to man!!! oh and i make excellent margaritas!) and just sit and chat the night away! get rest and feel better soon, hon!
your friend,
kymber
Welp its not Christmas yet, hopefully in the next few weeks it gets more seasonal.
DeleteAuntie really did show up... I feel like crap. um Yup that would be chocolate....
Senior is making a fire tonight in the pit, so we can relax outside...
JUGM,
ReplyDeleteDecember 7th a day to remember, and never forget!!!
I'll be more than happy to ship your our snow, ice, and cold temperatures. I surely could use 81 degrees:-) As for visitors, nope not in the mood myself. I hope you're feeling better soon. Take it easy, and take care of yourself.
okie dokie! after todays heat, we are ready for something cooler.
DeleteI hope I am feeling better too. At least she did not show up on Christmas day!. lol
Yep, a day to remember... And the pup is looking GOOD! :-)
ReplyDeleteThanks! She is the Queen Bee of our house...
DeleteI got to go to Pearl Harbor years ago. Beautiful place. I went out to Ford Island, it was pretty deserted but you could imagine it the way it was then.
ReplyDeleteThe cold is on it's way, never fear!
Wow Harry- Glad you got to go out there. I bet anyone who visits is just overwhelmed by all the emotion.
DeleteYay for the cold-- I know its working its way here eventually.
I did not make a post for Pearl Harbor so I appreciate all of you who did. Too much going on these past few days!
ReplyDeleteLibby is so precious. I miss our Boxers. I am glad you left her ears natural but I assume her tail is docked? They'd beat you to death with a long tail as much as they wiggle their butts!
Yes tails are docked, and I am happy both of our boxers tails are, if they weren't- you are right, we would get the snot beat out of us every day. Another nickname of Libbys is "Miss Wiggles" she def. has the "Boxer Wiggle" down to a pat.
DeleteI love the natural ears, they look so much cuter.
Awww Come on Mom- Don't be a grinch. Let the kids at least put up a tree. Christmas is only 18 days away.
ReplyDeleteLike Sandy said, I'll send you some of our weather. About 6" of snow with a bit of sleet on top and temps in the teens. Feeling like Christmas yet? lol
Oh Sci- We are this week. I am not a total scrooge. Weather has actually turned more seasonal today. Cloudy, dreary with a breeze. yay! I will take it any time over the hot sunny 82 we had yesterday.
ReplyDelete