Friday, November 28, 2014

The holiday hangover

 
 
Thanksgiving is over. and I feel like I just came off an all nighter during fleet week, and dealing with the worse hangover ever.  The parents came in, and We bent over backwards trying to make their stay as nice as possible. But with mom it is hard. We had the news on and all the coverage was about Ferguson. My parents had no clue and we had to explain it all to them.

The weather on Wednesday did not cooperate and here we were all stuck inside this single wide trailer together.
Thanksgiving went okay, then my Uncle ( dads brother) and his lady friend came over for a short visit. I loved the visit because they brought some really yummy goodies.
My parents made a brief appearance this morning, then headed out for the drive home. Yes they made it there okay.
Now, I feel worn out. Like all I want to do is veg out on the couch with Senior. Why is it you like having company, but like it even more when they leave? .  *sigh*

I think I will go warm up some pecan pie and top it off with ice cream.....

-JUGM


 
 

6 comments:

  1. I had home made cheese cake... we never even cut it Thursday. I still feel like I'm hung-over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pie can fix almost anything. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. JUGM,

    Time to veg on the couch with your hubby and a great piece of pie.
    Hugs to you and yours.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe you had too many guests? It's hard to be a good hostess when you have lots of visitors.......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sigh... must be nice! I'm back on the road already... 2 nights in Hawaii, then 3 weeks in Japan... Christmas shopping??? May get to that in January...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are not alone in that boat....after spending the day with the family I so wore out that I immediately fell asleep on the hour and half drive home. Having twenty five people in a double wide for hours on end I am not used to the noise....loud!!!!!
    Hope you got some rest...after my week I finally got a rest today. Never sleep in the daytime unless I am sick or exhausted. Well today was that day.....we were iced out today anyhow....hope it warms a bit so we can go work....

    ReplyDelete