Thursday, October 29, 2015

things round here #3

Have been on the quiet side. The new house is moving along well and we hope to be in it by Christmas.
The leaves are in full turning mode, and I must say that I can not get enough of them. So, Senior and I decided to load up the kids and take a day trip to the mountains. His stepdad is buried up there, and as we did some of his moms ashes over his grave, it was only fitting we paid our respects.

 
Down here in the lower elevations, the leaves have gone into full changing mode as well.   The colors are brilliant and makes me happy with our decision to move up here, I love having all four seasons,and being surrounded by the brilliant colors.
 

 
This is NDs  other pumpkin he was growing, it grew flat, So, since he was entering the schools "Book Character Pumpkin  contest" he chose it to be his "Headless Horseman" From the Legend of Sleepy Hollow. He said the thing look distorted an extra level of  creepiness.
 

And after his paint job:

NW deicded the day before all pumpkins were due that he too wanted to have an entry-I went out and bought a small one and he chose "Frankenstein" :

 
 
In other news, our oldest NW went on his first camping/fieldtrip without us. The entire 5th grade goes every year. I have began making cuts in those apron strings. but I can't help but feel that a part of me is missing. Senior and the boys are my heart, and right now a part of my heart is not here. Senior and I miss him terribly. And even though he won't admit it, I know ND misses his older brother too.
He loaded up a large backpack Tuesday night so much to the point we all thought he would fall over backwards..lol  It was funny watching him hump that sack. The kids boarded a bus and left yesterday morning and will be home tomorrow afternoon. I know he will be excited and full of stories of the trip. I can't wait to have him back and hear all about his adventure.

-JUGM

9 comments:

  1. neat looking pumpkins!

    I bet TW has a great time out camping. This is the perfect time of year for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the teachers have been posting pictures to the school website, and it looks like they are all having a blast. Weather was nasty here the first of the week, but lucky for the kids it all cleared out in time.

      Delete
  2. I bet NW will have the time of his life. I loved camping with the Y when I was young. Great job on the pumpkins & I bet the cleanup was a lot easier that carving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. JUGM,

    Love the boys painted pumpkins, I'm keeping my fingers crossed they both win the contest. It's hard as parents to let your kids grow up. I'm sure NW is enjoying himself, and missing y'all at the same time.

    Driving up into the mountains to see all the changes in the leaves is one of my favorite things to do......

    Hugs and love to you and yours,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sandy I am going to do a post tomorrow about the contest.
      He is home. I am a happy Mama...

      Delete
  4. Great pumpkins... And yes, you DO have to let them go... Hard as that is, it's better for all...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know.... But its hard. He is back home, had a great time, but acknowledged he missed us....

      Delete
  5. Halloween is a great holiday for kids. Mine always enjoyed it, we took them to the town square where the merchants had treats for them.

    It's really hard when the kids start going off on their own for things like camp. It's even worse when they grow up and move off on their own though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Harry- and it was hard, but I managed better then I thought. He had a wonderful time of it.

      Delete