It's the last day of January and the weather has warmed so much that it feels like Spring. The seed and chicken catalogs have started to arrive. While I in no way need more chickens, I am in to getting seeds.
Senior and I have been looking to purchase large cypress trees to plant in order to create a natural fence. Quite a few people have done it around here and it looks really nice.
I've got quite a bit of seeds saved from last year so today I picked up some seed starters in anticipation of getting things in to the dirt. I don't know about you, but there is something intoxicating about digging in the dirt and watching things grow. This year I am going to pick up some seedless watermelons, last year the boys had fits spitting out seeds and also like last year ND is planting more pumpkins.
The past week was quite a whirlwind for us NW had basketball 4 out of 5 nights and a game yesterday. Two more and we are done with this season and probably with basketball forever. Lets just say he is ready for baseball season to start.
Went to the library this past week and checked this out, its about the task force of ships involved in the Battle of Samar during October 1944. I got it because the first of one of Seniors former ships was involved. I didn't think I would like it at first , but now that I have gotten deeper into it, I have gotten into the lives of the sailors involved and I can't wait to see what happens next.
Tomorrow is what I like to call the opening day of voting season- the Iowa Caucus. I am very excited, and I hope that this will be the year the voters get it right. I honestly like aspects of Trump, Cruz and Rubio. Not too keen on Bush but, lets face it even the worst republican is better then what the democrats are offering up.
Anyways, if you live in Iowa then get out and caucus. Because if you don't vote, and let your voice be heard, then you have no reason to complain.
Hope you all have a great week!
JUGM
Anyways, if you live in Iowa then get out and caucus. Because if you don't vote, and let your voice be heard, then you have no reason to complain.
Hope you all have a great week!
JUGM


Not that I really think anyone can change the course we are on anyway but I like Trump simply because so many RINOS and Femocrats hate him :)
ReplyDeleteMaybe I will slip over the line and vote in Iowa since it seems the Femocrats don't want voter ID anywhere might as well use it against em :0
I like Trump because all my femocrat friends don't...and anytime I can piss them off politically is well worth it.
DeleteThey can keep Rubio. Although I'll gladly vote for him if he ends up with it. I keep telling myself there is no perfect candidate and not to fall into the same stupid mental trap that caused so many to stay home and get our current president elected....twice.
ReplyDeleteHere in VA they strongly prefer the photo ID..... but in that case it doesn't help much. So many democrats in northern VA are government workers that they all have photo ID's anyway.
I am from Florida, and I don't care for Bush or Rubio...
DeleteBush helped campaign for common core, and my nine year old would LOVE to get him during a debate to stand there and work out a 4th grade common core math problem..
But, like you I feel not liking a candidate is what put us in the position we are in..if more had put aside personal issues with Romney, we might not be as bad off. So if it comes down to Bush or Rubio VS Hillary or Sanders...I will vote for one of them...
JUGM,
ReplyDeleteI've been looking through catalogs myself and have a list of items to order, and some to replenish seeds used. Using the library is a great source for reading materials and CD's. I love it when you find a good read and can't put the book down until you're finished with it. Enjoy the Last Stand of the Tin Can Sailors :-)
As for politics, I'm not happy with our choices so far.
Can't wait to see who will be on the ballot.
Sending hugs and love to you and yours.
Sandy