Back during the fall I got these books for the boys, I think I did a blog post about them, but for some reason I can't find it. But that is irrelevant.
Our two reads them all the time, and have learned lots of useful information, so if you are the parent of boys I suggest you get them a copy
NW being the brilliant child he is, decided to follow the guidelines in
the big red book and make a bow.While it is not very big, It is pretty
useful and launched the little arrow he fashioned over 30 feet. I am
proud of both of my boys for thinking of things that would be useful in a
survival situation.

Fathers day was this past Sunday, and we got Senior a new T-Shirt. All of our Navy Friends love it...
My cousin in another part of the state is getting married tomorrow ( again). We were invited but because we have been back and forth to FLA so much, opted out and not attending. I bought a frame, and put together a single page scrapbook layout for her.
I racked my brain trying to think of what wording I wanted to use. ND being the outspoken child he is, chimed in and said " Well given her track record I wouldn't put anything that says ever after, or together forever...you don't want to jinx her".
So I went with "live, laugh, love"...... For literally being thrown together in about 6 hours, I don't think it came out too bad:



ok - you KNOW that jambaloney is impressed with NW's bow-making skills as jambaloney loves his ben pearson cougar re-curve but has never made his own bow before! Happy Belated Birthday to Senior - i love and hate the shirt - i was ARMY! your frame for your cousin is beautiful and i think you chose the correct words based on the previous circumstances - bahahahah!
ReplyDeletesending all of you much love! your friend,
kymber
Hey Gurlie, I'm impressed with his little bow too. I know own Jam will like it.
ReplyDeleteOh no...forgot you are former Army....lol
Thanks for the compliment on my cousins gift. She has been through a lot and her and the new husband have actually been together quite a while, they seem very solid and grounded together.
Much love to you guys!
We don't go to family things anymore. It's too much of a strain and too much of a logistical nightmare. All my living family is now in Oregon, where they have chosen to fort up. I'm staying in Georgia for the foreseeable future.
ReplyDeleteI liked the books you got the kids.
Very nice on all counts... :-)
ReplyDelete