Friday, January 6, 2017

snow and christmas stuff

Did I say snow?  why yes I did. !
we are under a winter storm warning with a possibility of 4+ inches. And then there is the Arctic blast that is coming in behind it.
The boys are thrilled and hope the forecast holds. Of course if it doesn't I am sure our buddies Rob and Hobo can pack us up a truck load and gladly ship it to us...lol
Then there are the crazies out on the roads and in stores....everyone grabbing whatever off the shelves and what is a "milk and bread" storm and why is that what people go for first?  Now I see why we prep and stay prepared for these kinds of things....


Okay I am about a week and a half late posting Christmas stuff but here goes...
 I was surprised with some really nice things... Books! and a guitar. I play piano and its always been on my bucket list to learn so Senior completely shocked me!  Learning is slow going, but I am getting it a little at a time... Pretty soon I will jammin some "kumbaya my Lord" while sitting by a campfire....lol

Santa also brought me some jewelry, Florida State stuff and books..... One is this one:

I saw a Brian Kilmeade interview about it and had wanted to get it. Its pretty good. I also got Bill OReillys "Killing the Rising Sun, and Legends and Lies - The Patriots".
Haven't started those yet but I am looking forward to it.

Well the initial rain is starting to set in, temps have dropped 6 degrees since about 2pm.  If you are in the Southeast stay warm , inside and off the roads....and don't stress it will be back in the 60s by Wednesday...

-JUGM

15 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! :) I also got the Killing the Rising Sun from my DH, but I haven't started it yet as I have been working straight since Christmas. Took today off for my birthday. Enjoy you guitar!! It looks very pretty!!
    DH's niece lives in NC and they are getting twitter-patted over the storm that is heading your way. They lost power in the fall when the hurricane flooded eastern NC, but, evidently, didn't learn any lessons about getting prepared. DH is headed there shortly for a visit as he hates snow, cold and January...lol. I told him he was going to be driving into it. Maybe he can share some lessons. After all, the weather always changes, everyone gets cold/ice/snow at one time or another, it just melts sooner there then in MI. You guys get ice storms way more often then we do, and they are the pits IMHO.
    What's with the entire bread and milk thing? Folks don't usually keep those in the house? I just don't get it...

    Anyway...Be careful, stay warm, and enjoy your new guitar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Birthday Suz!!!!!! Hope your day was a good one.

      I absolutely don't get the milk and bread thing.. Oh the storm is already petering out for us. It has gone from a whole night of snow, to a whole night of rain then ending with snow in the morning.. My kids won't care, they will still love it. I hope DH gets there safe, the roads are a hot mess...

      Delete
  2. i want to see pics of this supposed snow, Gurlie - bahahahah! can you believe it - even after 2 storms we have no staying snow - woohoo! that guitar is an awesome and thoughtful present from Senior...i can't wait to see videos of you on Youtube playing it! books are awesome presents and you'll have to let us know how you liked each of your books.

    it's 2017, Angel - time for us to be prepped, happy and ready to take on whatever comes our way! sending love to you and Senior and the boys - as always! your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I will be posting any youtube videos anytime soon...

      I want to see pics of our supposed snow too, because its obvious that is the only way I will see it...in pictures...

      Delete
  3. They are saying 3 to 5 here again, I'll see it when it happens.. Two storms now have missed. We did major shopping today, beef, pork, chicken should last next 3 weeks or better. I see that crazy Canuk is staking you now too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. huh? wha? am i the crazy canuck - bahahah???

      Delete
    2. Rob--- Glad you were able to get out and get some shopping done. We of course got our freezer packed with meat, our local butcher had a big truck sale a few weeks ago and I stocked up. Still eating off veggies from the summer and fall gardens...

      Delete
  4. Grrr ... Xfinity connection problems so I lost my original reply. Regardless, hope you guys get to play in the snow & that it melts before long. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the weathermen here are like the ones in Jax....they get you all worked up thinking its headed your way then at the zero hour....nothing! right now its all heavy rain, cold though. and they said we will get snow in the AM...but I will believe it when I see it.. now the worry is ice...

      Happy New Year to you guys too!

      Delete
  5. JUGM,

    Everyone (weather people) are in a darn frenzy about these storms rolling through. If you get as much snow as predicted, I'm sure your boys (along with every other child) will be cheering on the notification of no school because of the weather.

    What a beautiful guitar!!! I know you'll be playing "kumbaya my Lord" before we know it.....LOL! Reading material is something close to all of our hearts. You won't be disappointed in those books. It sounds like you, Senior, and your boys had an amazing Christmas vacation.
    Happy New Year To You and Your Family.
    Love Y'all,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey sweetie....well our massive snow storm turned out to be a massive rain storm ending with about an inch of snow Saturday morning...as expected it all moved north of us..lol got to love the weathermen!!!!

      Yep learning the guitar one note at a time, but with my training in piano, its finally starting to click...

      Delete
  6. YES! You can have as MUCH snow as you want. You can even take it all, it won't hurt my feelings! hahaha

    Sounds like you had a great Christmas! Keep us posted on the guitar playing. I've always wanted to learn but I'm all thumbs (and they're not always green either!)

    Enjoy that snow! I'll send more your way... don't want to be greedy. ;^)

    love to you and the family!
    ~hobo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christmas was good..can't believe its already been two weeks ago though.

      what snow???? blame weathermen blew the forecast!!!! lol. Majority was rain which turned into a massive ice event for us..

      But with what we did get I got some pretty good pics, and all the winter birds started coming out too..

      Delete
  7. I'm sorry the snow didn't get over to you like it did here. We had plenty, believe me.

    Good books are nice to have around. I have been doing a lot of reading these last few days, since we can't get off the mountain anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice gifts! :-) And staying home and safe IS the best option! :-)

    ReplyDelete