Well its pretty evident that due to all the warm weather that an early spring is in the air. Senior and I have started working on the spring garden, we got it tilled pretty good, and put in some red potatoes. We have also started down the road to a new venture: Pigs.
Eventually I would like a couple of goats and have a strong affection for pygmies. My cousin out in San Antonio, TX has the Nubian goats. She bought them for her granddaughters 4-H project and she entered them in shows and made a nice profit once they went to auction.
Last weekend we visited a livestock auction. The only pigs they had were 4 pregnant pot bellied ones...so when you bought one you were also getting her litter...no thanks!
Goats though were in abundance, I know they are so cute when they are babies:
But then they have to grow up:
So back to the pig issue, my uncle in NC is on the look out for us, he has been visiting some pig farms and getting prices and looking at the stock. He is going in with us monetarily for them as he would like at least half of one in his freezer...so we put him to work doing some of the leg work.
The pen is built, and we are hoping in the next couple of weeks to have them here...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I mentioned updates so here goes: Last Monday after dropping kids off at school I was pulling onto our road when I got rear ended by a driver who clearly was not paying attention...I had some minor damage to the back of my car, but his entire front end was hanging off... My trailer hitch went right into his radiator and ripped off his bumper... antifreeze was everywhere. Thankfully no one was hurt, and the kids weren't with me.
He was very decent and immediately admitted fault, he claimed he looked down to grab his coffee-Yea Right! . So after the cop wrote him a nice big ticket, he got blessed out by his father...turns out he was on daddy's insurance-There goes those premiums!, apparently this was not his first rodeo and has had other traffic violations.
My car went in to the shop for a couple of days which was a huge inconvenience and his 2001 pickup truck went to the graveyard....it was totaled.
But all is right again with the world, got my car back earlier then promised turned in the crappy rental car and drove happily home.
And in other news: On the 27th the guardian takes over for mom. My sister and I are very happy . I am thrilled that someone professional will be able to deal with all the paperwork and headache of medicare etc... My brother is none to happy about it because for Christmas my sister and I got a very nasty letter where he claims he will never have anything more to do with us...okay A-hole! no problem.
The best part about the letter is the coward did not have the testicular fortitude to address the envelope himself, he had his twit wife do it...I guess he assumed we wouldn't open it up if we recognized his handwriting.. My sister got hers first so when mine came in the mail I simply wrote his return address and returned it back to him unopened..
My sister had emailed it to me, so I printed it and keep a copy in my purse for in the future should our paths cross and he tries to speak to me, I can quickly whip it out and remind him of his actions...
There will truly be a special place in hell for him one of these days...
I just realized that my previous post was on Feb. 1st.. geez where does the time go?????
-JUGM


I raise pot belly pigs....they are fun, loveable....and will MULTIPLY...
ReplyDeleteHow are they as a meat source?
DeleteI had two black Nubians. They were good goats. I bought them to eat the weeds out in the meadow, but they didn't. They ate the side of the house, (they liked cedar a lot), my wife's flowers and plants, the bark on all of our fruit trees. I had to give them away but I gave them to an old man who has a petting zoo. I knew if I sold them the Mexicans would get them and eat them.
ReplyDeleteSorry about your vehicle. My wife wrecked three cars in five years. One was her fault, two were other peoples fault.
Mexicans and or the orientals would have probably done that. Can't believe they ate the side of your house...lol Okay I know its not funny, but I can only imagine your reaction..
DeleteOh your poor wife! Thankfully we just got the confirmation that our claim is now closed so all is back good with our little world...
This month has certainly flown by for sure.
ReplyDeleteGoats are great. My next door neighbor had 15 French Alpine dairy goats when I was a teen ager. I did the milking when she went to the county fairs and won blue ribbons. Her step-son and I got $5/hour to clean up the barn in the spring. Back then, minimum wage was $3/hour. We felt we were rich.
DH's nephew raises pigs. We freely donate excess squash, and other veggies to the cause, because bacon!! :) Just don't name anything you are going to want to put in the freezer.
And Yea! on the guardianship.
I can't believe that Wednesday is March already. Yea my little cousin has won a couple of ribbons as well as money prizes, it made her very sad when they went to auction.
DeleteThat is another reason why we are getting pigs, whatever we don't eat out of the garden will go to them. the only names they will get will be "Dinner and " breakfast" lol
Yes Monday is the day for the guardianship to be finalized. The lady already has all of moms financials. The good part is my sister and I will remain as her health care advocates
Glad you're okay, and life is moving forward. Hopefully now you can concentrate on the family and not the family 'issues'...
ReplyDeleteI don't see those family issues getting any better any time soon. As long as my brother is breathing air he will make everything difficult
DeleteJUGM,
ReplyDeleteYou've been busy girl, we all understand family comes first....plus time goes so darn fast...I wish sometimes it could be slowed down. Good to hear you were able to get your potatoes in the ground. I'm so excited for you guy's...getting pigs. Your boys are going to have so much fun raising them. I hope they don't become to attached to them (like pets). Dang Girlie.....I'm happy to hear you're okay and weren't hurt from the accident. Driver's I tell you....especially those young ones, they just don't pay attention when they're driving. It's an inconvenience when your vehicle has to go into the shop and you're stuck with a rental. I wish tasers were real, I would love to zap a few driver to oblivion when on the road.
Sending hugs and love to you, and your family.
I'm so happy to hear the Guardian for your Mom's case steps in soon. This will real make a difference for both you and your sister.
DeleteBrother WHO???
Exactly! Sad to say...but its true.
DeleteThe wreck sucked, and I am so glad the boys were not in the care cause girl, the words that were flying out my mouth weren't pretty. I had my right turn blinker on well in advance of our driveway and was applying the brakes to slow down... I can still see him in my rear view mirror.. Now I am bit paranoid about getting hit again. even though I was not at fault, it was me who was so dang inconvenienced..the whole rental car issue was a real pisser...they first put me in a 2 door mustang. Me! with two boys it was nuts...then the next day I returned it for a chrylser 300 4 door, fully loaded with sun roof. It was nice, but was about 3000 miles past an oil change. Luckily the collision center had my car ready the next day.. which is a 4 wheel drive, nothing against cars, but I prefer my big vehicle where I can sit up high on the road
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteTime flies when your busy with life..LOL. The week my son was home was gone in a flash..Oh Jordon decided to move back to MN. Our prayers have been answered. Stay Safe...
ReplyDelete