Once upon a time....Okay no this is not a fairy tale...
But If you had told Senior and I Ten years ago, that we would be living out in the country, with property, chickens and now hogs..I would have just shaken my head. And said you were living in some fantasy world...
While I was ready to leave living in a subdivision, I just did not see or could have predicted all that would happen to our family. However time has flown by and with that came changes that we would have never thought possible.
God has truly blessed us, we have grown closer as a couple and as a family....Life is certainly good here at our little estate.
We picked up the girls this past weekend.. I think we will call them " Joanie, Lisa and Kathryn" Since there are people out there that seem to follow suit and do what we do, I suspect it will be only a matter of time before they get hogs... ( okay enough of being catty)
The beginning of March a little bit of snow fell... One thing I notice when it gets cold like that and snow falls is that all the song birds tend to come out..
And the woodpeckers....they seem to like playing in snow:
But, all that is gone now, it melted by that afternoon, it was fun though while it lasted. And made for some great pics..
Well kids, I got chores to do, time to bug out of here for a bit. Stay tuned to the clothesline, as changes may be coming soon...oh we aren't leaving the blogisphere....just thinking of doing a make over of sorts...
-JUGM

Gurlie - i love your new "gurls"! and it was about 10yrs ago to the day almost when jam and i started on a path we never would have predicted 5yrs before that. have you and Senior got netflix? if so, there is a really good series called "america unplugged" - it is very much like doomsday preppers - just much better and the people are dead serious about what they are doing. you guys might enjoy this show.
ReplyDeletedid the boys build a snowman? i sure hope they had fun and played in the snow. we still have 5-6 inches of snow on the ground but the paths and decks and driveway are all down to the ground, so we are seeing dirt. anyway, sending love as always!
oh and looove the bird pics!
your friend,
kymber
We got about 4 inches, and went over to our friends pasture to do some sledding and yea they built a snow man. But he did not last long, by 4 that afternoon everything had melted.. : (
DeleteWe don't get netflix, thinking about it though....
Doomsday Preppers became a joke and was making all of us serious minded people look stupid.
Glad you finally got the little piggies. Love the bird pics! Can't wait to hear what you guys are up to next.
ReplyDeletesigh... putting electric fencing around the pigs enclosure and starting plans for a bigger one...
DeleteJUGM,
ReplyDeleteI'm trying to use my cell phone comment since we don't have internet yet at the farm.
I love picture of Joanie,Lisa, and Kathryn. They're adorable, and will look good stuffed in the freezer as bacon, ham, and pork steaks....LOL
Sending hugs and love to you and your family.
JUGM,
ReplyDeleteI'm trying to use my cell phone comment since we don't have internet yet at the farm.
I love picture of Joanie,Lisa, and Kathryn. They're adorable, and will look good stuffed in the freezer as bacon, ham, and pork steaks....LOL
Sending hugs and love to you and your family.
I hate having to read, comment or make a post using my cell phone..
DeleteYea they are adorable all right...they are a hot mess. Finally starting to warm up to us though
Yum! Bacon on the hoof! :-) And hams... Good luck with them!!!
ReplyDeleteYou have done well with your relocation. You've come a long way.
ReplyDeleteI see a lot of good food coming soon...
ReplyDeleteHello!! I'am glad to read the whole content of this blog and am very excited.Thank you.
ReplyDeleteบอลพรุ่งนี้
Pretty projects and great idea,Thank you for the tutorial and for sharing !
ReplyDeleteดูหนัง