Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Beer Bread....

The title alone is enough to make you get up and make a loaf. Anything that requires beer can't be all bad. And once you have a nice warm piece slathered in honey butter, you too will concur.

 
You can either use, white flour, bread flour or grind your own wheat berries. For me, I do half white flour and half ground wheat.

The Recipe ( this is for  a medium 1 1/2 pound loaf- I do have the amounts for either a smaller loaf or larger loaf, just ask and I will email them to you. )

Water:    1/2 cup
Beer :     1/2 cup
Salt :      1 teaspoon
Granulated Sugar:    1 Tablespoon
Bread Flour:    3 cups
yeast, active dry, instant or bread machine :  2 teaspoons

I put all ingredients in order in my bread pan, and let the machine need it. The dough is really stiff. Once it has blended well, I take it out and need it a little more by hand. Make it in to a ball and place it in a greased , covered bowl to rise for about an hour.  Once its raised, take it out, punch it down, then put it in a loaf pan. cover again for about 30 minutes, then bake at 400. I bake it until the top is a golden brown, take it out and check it. Probably about 20-30 minutes. I am uncoventional in the kitchen and rarely put a time on anything..  I hope you will try this recipe, it was really good, and my family went back for seconds.. 






8 comments:

  1. Oh boy, that does sound GOOD!. Warm from the oven and smothered in butter...mmm.mm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. good luck.. like i said, dough will be really stiff.

      Delete
  3. Beer AND Bread, two of mankind's greatest inventions; together! Genius!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kind of like Reeses...chocolate and peanut butter...2 great tastes that taste great together.. : )

      Delete
  4. I can't get past the grind your own wheat berries, LOL :) I'm trying to even conjure up what those may look like and I don't think we have any growing in our backyard :) Good thing we can use regular flour! I definitely can do this! Thanks for the recipe; will make it soon!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep seeing beer bread in a box at the stores. Sounds tasty! I'm playing catch up in blog land!

    ReplyDelete