Friday, November 7, 2014

A Navy Flashback for Friday..

 


Definantly a cool pic of back in the day when "Ships Were Wood and Men Were Steel". Old Salts hanging out during the "Square-Rigger Navy" USS Mohican circa 1888

11 comments:

  1. A great photo of Senior and his friends....;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You nailed it, good job Rob, hope you get 20 ft of snow this upcoming week, Lol

      Delete
    2. I think we could get 6 to 12" depending on storm track. When they can't pin it down we get dumped on.

      Delete
  2. i am loving the relaxed feel of this pic.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Ya got to wonder what they were talking about though, probably women! : )

      Delete
  3. Back in the Victorian era, they didn't discard people just because they reached a certain age. If you could do the work, you could hold your place. I like that picture. Simple times, and better times as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the picture too. It was on the US Navy Archives. You know that is the thing, there was no age discrimmination back then, they probably did not know what that even meant.

      Delete
  4. Not being picky, but it was wooden ships and 'iron' men... :-) And no, I wasn't there... :-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the clarification...lol Are you sure you weren't there. One of them looks pretty crusty. : ) lol

      Delete