Yesterday after we got the boys from school, we went and ran errands. While walking through a store, other shoppers seemed as depressed as I was. There was that look of let down on every ones faces. Our particular county went over the top for Romney..in fact Romney had more votes here then McCain did in 08. And we went Red in 08 as well.
A good friend over on Facecrook had the above picture on her wall this morning. As soon as I looked at it, it spoke to me in ways more then any one could realize
It goes along with a Winston Churchill quote :
"Success is not Final
Failure is not Fatal;
It is the Courage to Continue That Counts"
As I looked upon this picture, I saw the dark clouds..lets face it our Country is in extreme darkness, and those clouds represent that. But the sun breaks them apart and finds a way to shine through.
That is the courage to continue that Churchill speaks of. Through success or failure, it is the courage to keep going that is what really counts. And I know we as Patriotic, hardworking Americans can have the courage to continue and to keep going forward.
I don't know a lot of things..I am not the smartest person, or probably the most prolific writer out there. Sometimes my thoughts get ahead of my typing and most times I feel like nothing I say on here makes any sense at all.
But what I do know is I have a family and two little boys that depend on Senior and I and I need that courage for them. They are the future..and I must have the courage to fight as hard as I can to secure them the best future possible.

Yes, in the mist of our disappointment, we must keep the faith...not give up! In the time of darkness, we must be the light that shines through! Roxie
ReplyDeleteGurlie - i hear you. and i know how let down you all must feel...i am let down too. but if there is anything that you have in spades - it's COURAGE! yer made of it and even when you feel like you aren't - you still are full of courage. show those 2 little boys how to live and live well. lots of love to you and all of yours!
ReplyDeleteyour friend,
kymber
Thanks Gurlie ! and if it all goes to hell in a hand basket..Im moving in with you and JB. : )
Deletewe've always got room for you and yours. Senior knows the route to sneaking across the border.
DeleteWhere is an Ike when you need one?
ReplyDeleteEvery where we turn we're seeing those let down looks on faces. Our mailman, the old lady that rides her bike and carries her doggy in the back, people in stores and kids at my son's school. You're right about moving forward, I'm still struggling with it. A good friend of mine has complained about our economy and she didn't vote. It's sad, but she and I have shared "not so nice words" regarding her complaining and wanting a change and then not voting!!! She even went to school to be a History teacher! A lot of people just don't get it!!!
ReplyDeleteone those infamous 3 million republicans called in to Rush's show today. He was upset that Romney was too moderate. So because of that, he didn't vote. He perferred a true conservative.
DeleteRush said to him: "so you would rather have a President that hates our country, then a moderate republican? Rush said some other things but I forgot what it all was. In the end the caller was speechless. Its A-holes like that. Would rather not vote to prove a point, then vote. Now look where we are? Sux.
I really don't know what to say here except that life goes on and we have to make the most of the hand we are dealt.
ReplyDeleteI know that. Everything happens for a reason. maybe this is so the world can watch him get impeached..I dunno
DeleteBut you will teach your children whats important when so many would give up.
ReplyDeleteOnce the initial shock and mourning is lessened I'm really hoping I'll wake up and it's all been a bad dream
And that's what I keep seeing over and over. We who are disappointed haven't stayed down to long wallowing. It took all of what, 24-48 hours for us to accept and find determination and look for solutions.
ReplyDeleteNice picture!