Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Always Be Alert...

This is a true story of events that happened a couple of days ago to an acquaintance who has recently relocated to the north Georgia area. He is a retired police officer, and even served as a detective for a few years, so he has seen it all and knows what to look for.. 
 
While shopping this afternoon, we noticed a black female loitering around the front door acting very suspicious. A few moments later, she followed my wife into the store, waited for her to look away and advanced towards the buggy where her purse was located.  My wife was aware of the girls actions and didn't allow her purse to be stolen. One additional subject appeared pushing an overloaded cart and rammed the door as they ran towards an awaiting vehicle. I called the local SO, gave a description and just a few minutes later the vehicle spotted & stopped.
 
  Results: 4 black females arrested in what appears to be a string of grand thefts, 11 felony arrests, firearms seized, marijuana recovered & vehicle seized. You never fully retire. Eyes always open observing what is going on around you.
 
I wanted to share this with you all because the holidays are fast approaching, there will be more crowds in the stores,  times are tough for a lot of people. They will go to  extreme measures to take something that is not theirs.   OPSEC is always important, know your surroundings, know who is around you ,and their proximity to you..
Always stay vigilante...
 
-JUGM

12 comments:

  1. I take the bus for most of my shopping. Although I have never had a problem, it seemed to be tempting fate to carry a purse, so grocery list, keys and cash go into a pocket. Out of sight - out of mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I carry a messanger bag style purse, so I am trying my best to keep it over one shoulder and cross bodied. But it is just second nature that when i enter a store, I just throw it in the top of the cart...

      Delete
  2. My wife will put her purse in the little basket on the buggy, and then go wandering off to look at something further down the aisle. I keep telling her she's going to get robbed one day. But all they will get is her license, because she doesn't carry the cash or any plastic. I do, and I have it in a pocket on my cargo pants that zips up, or buttons up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a good idea Harry. I am learning not to throw mine in the little basket, our youngest ND feels he should always push the cart, and before I know it he is half way down an aisle with my purse. Kids!

      Delete
  3. Gurlie - i don't even know how to comment on this post - i can't even imagine it!!! back in the city, on 3 separate occasions i left my purse on items in the aisles because i had a basket in my hand, purse in the other, wanted to check an item, laid my purse on the shelf and then went on my merry way ( i know, i'm a dumb*ss). anyway, would get to the counter, realize i had lost my purse, the checkout person would call the front desk and every time it had already been turned in with nothing missing!!!!

    here in the country, when we are dances and events, we all leave our purses on tables, under tables, on chairs - and then we all move around from table to table so all of us women are always looking for our purses!!! but not worrying about them.

    i just can't imagine having to be that worried. your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom a good post. When we lived in Florida and went out in public my wife and girls never brought a purse anyplace. They had a back pack. Us guys would put our wallets in the front pocket or right side pant leg pocket on our cargo shorts. After my youngest son got mugged by our place, all 4 of us guys bought pocket knifes. Not small ones. You couldn't get through airport security with these. I am always watching for people around us. Even now that we are out in the country I still remain viligaint.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My wife never leaves her purse unattended. Usually she hangs it off my shoulder :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. is this why you write so many anti women posts? It would explain a lot... :^)

      Delete
    2. bahahahahahah ! oh Matt wins best post-comeback ever! take that PP! and all your honeys belong to us - so take that too, buddy! bahahahahah!

      Delete
  6. JUGM,

    Around the holidays, this is very popular. Yet another, someone will walk by and slash the bottom of your purse, grab the wallet and run. It pays to be aware of your surroundings, and always keep your purse close. Better yet, don't carry a purse.......carry a small front wallet. I started carrying a mans small wallet several Christmas' ago when robberies were on the increase in town.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This time of year it might be a good idea to stop carrying anything important off your body and to rethink what you put in your purse. I started carrying one last fall to keep my hands free of extraneous stuff, but I have reverted to carrying my cell, keys and wallet in my pockets. If I have to move quickly it's nice to know that I don't have to worry about keeping track of a purse too.

    ReplyDelete