Sorry for the little silence. Just absolutely been bogged down with things.
My brother which we all ready knew was coming to town this past Friday, decided to pop in our place around 9pm to crash.
He closed up one of his houses and brought every thing down to his storage unit. Well, he has been making home brewed beer, and brought us a case. OMG ! It was good, the fire pit was lit, and we all stayed up well past 1:30 am Saturday morning.
Saturday by the way was our garage sale. We were awoken by my brother at 645 am by him setting off our home alarm...yes again! Poor Senior !
While here my brother planned a vacation for he and my parents, he rented an RV and took them camping on the beach. Gosh what a son!
Garage sell went okay, but you know people want something for nothing. I had a box of old shorts that were the boys, they were marked 1.00 a pair, and some lady told me that was too much to pay.
Then I had a pair of ladies jeans marked 2.00 and a lady said she would give me 1.00.
Geez Louise People!
Senior had for sale an Alice pack with frame, and a two man tent..neither sold.
After that, we had to get busy on NW 3rd grade science fair project. He chose "Magnets, and linear acceleration" so we did a Gauss Rifle. Finally got it done last night.
Then today ( Monday) Senior I had to lay down 98 bales of pine straw, along a tree line in one of our communities... *SIGH* now you see why I have been MIA.
Then tomorrow ND has a field trip planned to a farm..only it is supposed to be rainy and windy..I am chaperoning..can't you tell I hope it gets cancelled?
During my absence our good buddy ROB became a grandpa.. A big congratulations to his daughter and family. What a wonderful thing to be blessed with this Thanksgiving.
Now, the boys are ready for bed, and I am going to soak in a hot tub of water, with an ice cold REDDS Apple Ale... Yay me!
-JUGM
Thanks Mom, we have been blessed with our grandson. He is calm, up to the point he gets mad at the nurses. My daughter can't believe she's a mom.
ReplyDeleteYou are welcome!
DeleteSo what price did Senior have on the pack and frame? Just curious.
ReplyDeleteAnd your a LUSH :)
I had it for $30. Want to make an offer? She is not a lush, she has one a night, not a case or fifth like others do.
ReplyDelete30 bucks with the frame seems more than reasonable I would have picked it up in a heart beat honestly. Shipping would kill us on it by mail though.
DeleteI always say Lush when someone drinks a cider/apple beer because it seems so outrageous to think a true lush would drink one :)
Yea shipping would be a Witch.
DeleteBut Apple Ale is so.yummeh!
Busy doesn't seem to describe it... Glad y'all are still in one piece and upright! :-D
ReplyDeleteThanks! But the hectic schedule keeps on going
Deletewow Gurlie - i sure do hope that you enjoyed your bath and cider! as for the garage sale - my goodness - i think people are just really cheap sometimes. $2 for a pair of jeans is a steal. and as far as Senior's pack and frame - i would have for sure grabbed it! anyway, i'd love to see a pic of NW's science project - it must have been fun to make!
ReplyDeleteyour friend,
kymber
People these days want you to give things away...crazy ! Yea i will do a post later about the science fair project..
ReplyDeleteSorry I've been kind of MIA. I was in "time out" with WildBlueSux so I'm just now getting to play catch up on blogs. It sounds like you have been super super busy.
ReplyDeleteGarage sales can be fickle. When I've had them it seems everyone is looking for "a real deal". I'll admit I love going to garage sales thougugh. I've found some awesome stuff over the years. But I turn in to that person that wanted those two dollar jeans for a dollar. (or three for $5) LOL I can't believe no one was interested in Sr's stuff. I know it sure would have caught my eye..
Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Sci
JUGM,
ReplyDeleteI love having a garage sale and going to them. All those shorts were reasonably priced so were the jeans, it sounds to me like this woman was ungrateful. If Senior posts his stuff on Craigslist for local people, I bet he will have it sold in a heart beat.
Hubby might be interested in the pack and tent have to let me know how much you want for them???
ReplyDelete