Friday, February 14, 2014

Snow!

We already had it planned to go the Carolina Estate for my Birthday weekend...Mother Nature surprised us with snow.

First time for Senior and I since 96 when we were stationed in Connecticut. It is the first time ever for the boys and they loved it!

We left Home early this morning and got here before noon.Temps. were rising and it was melting fast, we played all afternoon and had a blast.



Our Little Snow People.....

11 comments:

  1. That is so cool! I bet everybody had a blast. Happy Birthday! Happy Valentine's Day too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we did! So.much fun... Happy Valentine's Day as well to you!

      Delete
  2. Yep....it was nice....and now I am sooooo glad to see it go....we got nothing but ice around the middle of state.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea we came up that way..once we got past Columbia is when we started seeing snow

      Delete
  3. oh Gurlie - i am soooo happy that the boys got to see, and play in some snow! i just read a comment of Senior's on Harry's blog and he mentioned that he and the boys were having snowball fights all afternoon. i just knew that you would have a post about it. i am so glad for the boys! have a fantastic weekend and Happy Birthday Gurlie!

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thsnks Gurlie! We had almost 7" of snow here. We decided to keep the boys out of school so we could get here earlier. I am glad we did because temps. Have warmed up and it is melting fast.
      We had so much fun yesterday..juat wish Jam was here to shovel it for us...lol

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday!! Lots of snow here too and I am really tired of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth. I know you all are overwhelmed by the snow. We played in it for just a few hours and had enough..

      Delete
  5. JUGM,

    It sounds like mother nature decided to give you a snowy birthday gift.
    Snow is fun especially if your in it for a while, and then you can say good bye to it when you return home. Enjoy your weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy! Driving up it ws so beautiful... but has since melted. Boys were thrilled to have an afternoon playing in it. They also learned about wet clothes and socks...lol

      Delete
  6. I'm glad the kids got to play in the snow. Some good came of that storm, after all.

    ReplyDelete