Sunday, February 9, 2014
The Weekend....
Since probably Thursday evening, we have been under cloud cover with the occasional cold rain shower. And just enough of a breeze to bite right through you.
We have also been out at baseball practice since Thursday night as well. This new coach is a former marine he is young, and hungry for a great team. He has three assistants and has tagged them with areas to help the kids in..Senior is the batting coach, and a nice man named 'M" is the pitching coach...he is working with NW in that position
Yesterday morning the league held a baseball clinic, It was again cold, drizzly, and that same annoying breeze. But it did not stop our two from wanting to attend. So we all bundled up.
I think the boys desire to play was reinforced Friday night when we watched the Olympic Opening Ceremony.
Since then they have been virtually plastered to the action. They especially like all the freestyle skiing, Ski Jumping and etc...
They've asked how much training you have to do for those sports...I tell them the athletes train an entire life time, just for this moment. I explain the dedication they have to strive to be the best at their sport. And I told them they only way they could become that good is practice, practice and more practice.
Despite it being held in Russia, and any controversies the press is starting, you have to respect the sacrifice made by the athelets and their families, and the punishment their bodies take just for this one moment.
Then there is that blooming "Thank you Mom" commercial from P &G..They have a few of them airing but this one makes me tear up the most:
Click here to watch
Currently our boys love baseball. Senior and I both give them the choice to play..When I was four my parents through me in to piano lessons..for the next 16 years it was shoved down my throat. When I asked to play volleyball..I was denied. I swore that I would never do that to my kids. And I remind ND and NW every day that if they are not having fun any more, and it is something they do not like then just tell me.
But, they can't do it on a bad day of ball. No, they have to tell me on a good day. : )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think it'd be a great game if only the system would incorporate firearms. I mean, come on. Bend, spit, throw ball....swing and a miss. Now, think of it....bend, spit, throw ball, other team fires and ball descends in tatters. Now I'd watch that game. But, that's just me. You know I'm kinda weird though....
ReplyDeleteI highly doubt they will give kids shotguns instead of bats...
DeleteHowever, we were watching the cross county biathalon at the winter Olympics, and I did remark to Senior that I am surprised the olympics is still allowing the atheletes to shoot...
My folks never really supported me in anything, sports, music, JROTC, or Civil Air Patrol. It wasn't because they didn't care, they always had to work. My wife and I have always supported our kids. Football, marching band, dance for the girls. I love to drive my kids to their activities.
ReplyDeleteSupport more Grand Babies :)
DeleteMy parents were like that as well...and if my dad did support me in anything suddenly he was an authority on it.
DeleteOnce while I was playing the bass keyboards for Jazz Band, my mom got upset with me because practice ran late, and she had to wait.. like it was my fault!
So, I strive to get my kids to where they need to go and no worry, I actually like it as well,We have all made some pretty good baseball friends.
Excellent parenting. I see so many kids forced into sports and other things they didn't really want to do simply because their friends kids were doing it.
ReplyDeleteThanks Mama. Yea I know families as well who put their kids in stuff just to keep up with the neighbors, dance / gymnastics is a good example
DeleteI am so tender hearted that I sniffle at any commercial dealing with family or our military.
ReplyDeleteI kow Beth ..me too!
DeleteNice. Baseball rocks and young boys baseball is a great American Institution. Good show in parenting and supporting them.
ReplyDeleteThank you PP !
DeleteGood for y'all... Let them enjoy being kids!
ReplyDeleteJUGM,
ReplyDeleteYou and Senior are great parents!!! The support you give your boys is awesome.
So many parents don't give their kids the support they need or want, that's what is crazy about our society today.
This is the first time I watched this commercial, it's like watching a Hallmark card commercial. Makes you cry every time.
Great Momma!
ReplyDelete