Honestly folks..Can you ever go wrong with a good warm breakfast from a truck stop?
Recent rains has the ground saturated, so we had to park and walk down, Senior looked out across the large pasture and yelled "Coyote" ! or was a it deer? It was so far off we couldn't tell, so I grabbed my fancy new camera with the 42x zoom, It stood still and posed for a pic, Yep! Coyote:
It then scampered in to the woods, Senior and Duke both said they had a ammo round with the coyotes name on it...
While the boys worked, I explored with my camera. I love all things rustic, and love them even more in black and white, some I used the color filter selection..which is kind of cool to have :
"Why does this crazy lady keep snapping pictures" ?
I looked up and saw this ole hive..I immediatly thought of PioneerPreppy: The Range all nice and cleaned up: |


Your nice pictures did my father's farm justice...never looked so good. I'm happy you had a nice time. Wished I could have joined you.
ReplyDeleteThank you...I actually took more and might post them later...we wished you were there too..
DeleteNice pictures. I love pictures of old barns in black & white. In the 3rd photo from bottom, that is actually a hornets nest. You would much rather tangle with honeybees that hose those nasty hornets!
ReplyDeleteDid the fellows get a chance to shoot the coyote?
PS...While traveling we looked for truck stops to eat at. They usually have the best, fill you up food that is more like home cooking.
DeleteYea I figured that out about the hive after i walked around it and saw it tore open..
Deleteoh P.S : No they did not get to shoot the coyote, he was actually about 125-130 yards away, and ran into the woods. He looks pretty healthy, so he has a good food source from some where.
DeleteThe boys have a over night camp out planned at the end of the month, Senior and Duke said they wouldn't mind trying to bait a trap..
Nice pics. And as MB pointed out that is a hornets nest. I tried to take a pic of one up here the other day as there is one close to where I was cutting last week.
ReplyDeleteI especially like the bell picture!!!
I liked the bell as well, it sits at the front of the property, and next to it is a old shed..got a pic of both I will post later..
DeleteI have never seen a hive in the wild, nor one that big..it was pretty neat.
A wild bee hive is usually either inside a tree or in some other building or something in the walls. In fact I think I see more wild honey bees inside old buildings than anywhere else. I do know of one wild hive that is inside an old refrigerator though.
Deletehose Hornets nests though can be deadly when they build em on think limbs and they fall or when they are low enough to walk into.
i love all the pics Gurlie - but that coyote is gorgeous! our coyotes are cross-hybrids - they are actually called coy-wolfes and are bigger. still as gorgeous as yours tho. i'm glad that you all got to spend time out at the nest. i hope the boys have an awesome camping trip at the end of the month! you know that if you weren't 35 million miles away that we would join you. oh that would be such fun!
ReplyDeleteyour friend,
kymber
Hey Gurlie-- I better clarify "boys camping" what I should have said was the "big boys are camoing" lol not sure If i would want to be apart of that over nighter,,,bahahahahahaha !!!!
ReplyDeleteI and my little boys, will probably have a movie night- inwich you would be more then welcome to attend..
We have Wolf-Hybrids down here that people like to keep as pets, half wolf, half german shepherd, but hyper as heck! You need a special permit from the state to own one.
This particular coyote has a bullet with his name on it, If during the "sleep over" Senior can trap it..
JUGM,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pictures!!!
The coyote looks pretty healthy, he/she's been getting feed. Whether it finds it's own food or it visits someones farm.
Great photos. That was no ordinary Coyote, that was Stephens spirit making sure you all stayed out of trouble and did your work. I used to go to a mom and pop place for breakfast with a friend years ago. We had so much food I didn't eat again until dinner almost 12 hrs later. ;)
ReplyDeleteIt was a good day, we shall do it again.
ReplyDelete