Christmas Eve dinner was purely Italian. Every pasta, sauce and dessert imaginable. It was the one time of year my parents let us kids sip red wine- a big thrill!
The one Christmas I remember most was when I was 7. My grandmother had been diagnosed with Lung cancer and was given 3-6 months to live. I knew this would be my last with her.
She sat in a chair and I next to her on the floor while we opened presents. I held her hand and wished it would last forever. I burned everything from that Christmas in to my mind, never to forget it.
That next March she passed. After that, Mom stopped the Italian food and Christmas was never the same.
So, Once Senior and I were married. I started the tradition up again with my own little family. I have cooked meatballs, fresh bread, boiled spaghetti noodles, and my special sauce. The house smells heavenly. Christmas Eve is a magical time. I love seeing the excitement on the little faces of our boys, and I am so thankful for the things we have and my family to celebrate this Christmas with.
I wish you all a Very Merry Christmas !
-JUGM

Love the Italian tradition. One of my best friends from work do the same even though their family members stopped years ago. Ahhh, the leftover lasagna he used to bring in! All made from scratch. Merry Christmas to you all!
ReplyDeleteleft over lasagna. left over spaghetti sauce, stored in the freezer for a couple of days is always good. I even make sauce just to freeze so it taste all that much better later... Merry Christmas to you all as well
DeleteItalian Christmas sounds like a blast!!! I heard someone was doing a Mexican Christmas on paper plates. Then again she steals fish too :)
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas To you and yours JuGM...
She is gonna bop you in the head with one of those fishes,, Merry Christmas back at ya Ebenezer
Deleteack Gurlie - yer not supposed to make your friends cry on Christmas Eve! but thank you for sharing your story with us...even tho PP above is being the wiener that he always is...just wait until Sweet Sandy reads his comment...she'll plow him! Gurlie...our prayers and best wishes are always with you and yours...you know it! but we are sending extra special wishes your way this Christmas!!!
ReplyDeleteyour friends,
kymber and jambaloney
Aww Gurlie Merry Christmas to you and Jam as well. That was a Christmas no matter how old I get and how long ago it was, I can still remember every little detail.
DeleteYup Sandy will track him down one of these days.. He is a weiner but what can ya do with him? He is incorrigible..lol
Merry Christmas to you and yours!!!
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like an excellent Christmas tradition. I hope you and Senior and the kids have a good Christmas together there at your new place.
ReplyDeleteItalian food, my favorite! Have a wonderful day and all the best to you and your family in the coming year.
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas, Sweetheart. Tell himself I'll see him soon.
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas to you and the boys. Senior too.
ReplyDeleteJUGM,
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas To You, Senior, and The Guys!
Italian woooohoooo, I love Italian food any time........spaghetti, meatballs, homemade gravy, bread...............and a little wine :P
Love to you and yours,
Sandy