Monday, May 25, 2015

our memorial day....

For Memorial Day...we let the kids play hookie. Yes our commie school district does not recognize the sacrifice that was made to keep our country free. School was in session today as well as Veterans Day. Really irks me because MLK and other insignificant days are given off. ,

So, we kept the boys home today and went to the cemetery to put flags on those that once served this country. Buried here is my Father in Law who served in Korea, and his brother..a highly decorated Marine that did three tours in Vietnam, when asked to go back for a fourth tour, he was denied.

Just our small way of teaching our children what this day means and honoring those who sacrificed so much.



10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it obscene that school districts require kids and staff to come in on Memorial Day, but take ridiculous pandering holidays like MLK off. That's political correctness run amuck. I'm sure some school superintendent is worried about having a parent come up there and scream "racism" if they don't take MLK off, but nobody is going to come get in their face about Memorial Day, because the people who care about that aren't the type to go ape about something and try to sue the school for "pain and suffering."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made some calls today...stay tuned as there is too much info..must do a post about it, while sipping a hot cup of coffee

      Delete
    2. I made some calls today...stay tuned as there is too much info..must do a post about it, while sipping a hot cup of coffee

      Delete
  3. Good for y'all! And agree the PCism is running amok!

    ReplyDelete
  4. JUGM,

    I really have an issue with not celebrating Veteran's or Memorial Day in the school system. Our military fight for our freedoms and this country, they need to be honored. I love this picture of your boys leaving flags and showing respect at your families grave sight. I'm happy to hear you kept your boy's home from school to honor our fallen soldier.
    Hugs and love to you, Senior, and your Boys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though the school said it was not a matter of disrespect....I feel it is. I will do a post about my phone call to the school board and the lame excuse I was given.

      Delete
    2. Even though the school said it was not a matter of disrespect....I feel it is. I will do a post about my phone call to the school board and the lame excuse I was given.

      Delete