Thursday, June 18, 2015

Our garden is producing....

We got some beautiful cantaloupes and watermelons coming in on the vines.
This really excites us because along with the corn, these are a first for us:



I noticed our zucchini has sprouted.. We love us some fried zucchini:


The tomatoes were growing by leaps and bounds, so instead of the cheapie ones from the store. We bought some green PVC coated garden fence and Senior made his own. We got the yellow tent stakes to keep them in place:


Well folks some heavy storms are moving into the area and that means much needed rain (we hope) for the garden...
Have a good night
-JUGM

11 comments:

  1. Alas, I had hoped for some rain from that same system, but all we got was thunder, lightning and wind. Mighty dry up here right now. I am checking the drought web page every day, expecting to see us move up into a higher level, and this after a wet spring.

    Your garden is looking really good. Those melons will be delicious, chilled with maybe a touch of salt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea same here last night.. A bunch of thunder and no rain..it was a real let down. They said this massive heat wave could last in to July...

      Delete
  2. Send some of that rain south please! Garden looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks DFW! If I had the rain I would send it. All we got was thunder.grrrrrr

      Delete
  3. JUGM,

    I would love to ship you some of our rain!!!! Your watermelon is growing nicely, soon your boys are going to enjoy themselves so sweet melon. We used to have seed spitting contests to see who could spit the seeds the farthest when we were younger.

    I'm coming to your house for some fried zucchini!!! YUM!!!!

    Making your own tomato trellis workout so much better than buying those expensive but cheaply made ones from the box store.

    Sending hugs, and love to you, Senior, and your Boys.
    Your Friend,
    Sandy, Angel 3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for some good sweet and cold melons..on a hot day its what we need to cool us off.
      Def. Need the rain..its getting miserable here.
      Hugs and much love to you guys

      Delete
  4. Gurlie - your garden is looking great! soon you'll be enjoying those melons! my melons and zucchinis are still just little plants so of course i'm jealous! and i'm with Sweet Sandy above - i looooove fried zucchini and will eat it as a meal itself. kudos to Senior for building the tomatoe cages - jam did the same when we first got here and we are still using the same ones! that garden fence will last for years of re-use! sending you all much love!

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know..that's why we went with the Coated fencing. Those store bought ones crap out too fast.
      I am afraid though if we don't start getting some regular rainfall...my garden might be gone before I know it.

      Hugs and love to you and Jam

      Delete
  5. Hopefully it didn't knock the garden down...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopefully it didn't knock the garden down...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I hope you get some rain! Not torrential I hope!
    The vegies look good! I bet the boys are excited!!

    ReplyDelete