I can't say no to him..I mean he's my dad. But, every time a new little tree pops up in his yard, he is quick to dig it up, pot it and send it home with me when we visit.
So, yesterday we finally got around to planting these three. The ground was really hard, and of course rocky. I was happy to turn the shovels over to the boys and just supervise.
But we got them in the ground, of course we have no clue what type of cypress trees they are..
This one is a complete mystery..but we took it anyways and I smiled and thanked my dad for it.
It was with this one, that while we were taking it out of the pot, I talked about its roots and how happy it would be to be in the ground where it could stretch them out. NW the oldest, said it was kind of like us...getting the house built, starting our life up here..and putting our roots down on the estate, and now it was time to watch the little tree grow, just like we had.
I told him that was a good analogy, and Thanked God for giving Senior and I wise and intelligent kids..
-JUGM



That is a great analogy by NW! You have every right to be very proud of those 2 boys.
ReplyDeleteMy FIL grafts Crepe Myrtle trees for me. We already have about 30 or 40 lining the driveway in the country & he told me yesterday that he has about 20 more. Don't know where we'll put them but I won't turn them away.
Oh my lord! I won't turn my dad down either. I think with all he goes through with my mom that this gives him some enjoyment
DeleteJUGM,
ReplyDeleteGreat job planting the tree's from your Dad's place. I can only imagine how many more tree's your Dad has waiting for your next visit :-)
Sending hugs and love to you, Senior, and your Boys.
I think he told me he has 1 or fwo, but they are really small...
DeleteThose are Bald Cypress trees I do believe. They are great trees but grow rather slowly up here not sure what they do down your way. One of the longest living trees around if I remember right.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the info. I know there are so many it's hard to tell one from the other.
DeleteSounds like NW has a sweet and tender heart! I love it when my grown kids value what I have to offer, makes me feel like I'm still a part of the foundation they are building for their families.
ReplyDeleteI hope mine continue being like this
DeleteI hope mine continue being like this
DeleteWhat a great thought. And those boys are helping put down those roots, too. Love to you and the family!
ReplyDeleteThey say they want to live on our property when they grow up, but I know that will change
DeleteThey say they want to live on our property when they grow up, but I know that will change
Delete