Wednesday, December 7, 2016
75 years later.....
75 years ago today was the horrific attack on Pearl Harbor that launched our country into
World War 2. Unless you were there, you can't imagine what it must have been like....
Some facts about that fateful day:
1. Crew of the Arizona was slow to respond...they were allowed to sleep in that day due to winning a dance contest the night before.
2. The radar crew on Oahu was newly trained and had never seen such a large formation before...they thought the radar was malfunctioning...
3. The attack was also considered a large failure...as the Japanese had intended to destroy our air craft carriers, but they were out to sea.
4. The Arizona still leaks up to 9 gallons of oil each day.
5. Twenty three sets of brothers was lost on board the Arizona
December 7th 1941 is indeed a day that changed our country forever and it is a day that will live in infamy.
Never Forget......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sadly to many won't remember this date, as the Liberal teaching will rewrite history and they will say the whole war was our fault, and both sides of the world.
ReplyDeleteI think they already are. But, I was happy to see on CBS the other night, at the University of Arizona, they made a Arizona memorial in the center court.
DeleteJUGM,
ReplyDeleteAmen Sister, Never Forget!!!
I was on the U.S.S.Bainbridge for a couple of months summer training in 1972. She was in Pearl Harbor for a couple of weeks.I got to wander around and see Ford Island, and the Arizona. It's a beautiful place but sad, too.
ReplyDeleteWe have never been there...but, I can imagine its probably like visiting the national cemetery...very quiet and sobering.
DeleteGood post! And that plus the loss of the Sullivans was what changed the military's allowing brothers to serve together.
ReplyDeleteI did a post a few years ago about the Sullivan brothers. I was also telling our older son the story...I saw the original movie about them, but I think they should come out with a new version...its such a powerful story of brotherly love. You know the USS The Sullivans was supposed to be the ship that was attacked in Yemen, but it was replaced by the Cole.
Delete