Wednesday, February 1, 2017
Who would you be????
As you all know I love to read. For me opening up a book is like jumping in to an adventure.
An old friend of mine who is a Christian Counselor and graduate of Liberty University, asked this question on her Facebook page:
Which book or movie character do you relate to and identify with the most and why?
Gosh I really thought about that question for a while, most of the comments she was receiving was pretty superficial. I mean geez if you could jump into any book and become any character who would you be? One of my favorite books and most read books was "To Kill a Mockingbird" I always related to "Scout" she was a fearless kid and real smart mouth. But yet she cared for people and wanted to help others.
Then the wheels in my head started turning and haven't stopped for the past few days....after reading the Brian Kilmeade book about Washington's spies, I think I would want to be Agent 355. The mysterious woman that was in the British circles and kept her ear open and reported the things she heard to the Continentals. She did all that until she was discovered and jailed on a British prison Ship- The "HMS Jersey" No one is sure of what happened to her, after the British left NY in 1783 they abandoned the prison ship, so its unclear if she died on board or was able to escape.Of course I like to believe she escaped the horrors of the prison ship and moved west.
Her true identity to this day still has not been discovered, theories have floated around about agent 355 and who she was, but nothing concrete.
Why could I identify with her? Because she helped to create this nation, she helped to rid NY of the British, albeit a small part however still significant because without some of the intelligence she gathered, Benedict Arnold would have handed West Point over to the British. She knew the perils of her mission but still accepted the challenge. What an incredible woman she must have been.
So now I ask you the same question my friend asked.... If you could, what book character or movie character would you be?????
I look forward to reading the responses
-JUGM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

JUGM,
ReplyDeleteI love "To Kill a Mockingbird", read this book many times in high school. "The Catcher and The Rye" was another we read numerous time.
As for being a character in a book or movie.....I would probably want to be Doctor Scarpetta in Patricia Cornwell books.
Sending hugs and love to you and your family.
Sandy
I still to this day have not read "Catcher in the Rye" My sister reads Cornwell books but I haven't. Might have to pick one up one of these days....
DeleteLove to you guys too
Claire Beauchamp Randall Fraser from the Outlander series of books. That is a truly adventurous series.
ReplyDeleteI would have said Claire too.... ive got the series and cant wait for voyager to premier on Starz...you know Diana is writing another book...and she is starting on a prequel about Jamies parents
DeleteHadn't heard about the prequel...that would be interesting! And I keep checking to see when the next season starts on Starz...nothing yet. Lol. At first I wasn't thrilled with the TV series because it didn't follow the books exactly, but then I realized it was still very good, just an alternative viewpoint. Now I'm hooked on both the series (have been since the first book came out in the 90's (or was it the late 80's...am too lazy to get up off the couch and go check out the copyright date, but I have eagerly awaited each and every book she has written and never been even slightly disappointed. And the TV series, just to see how the producers and writers deal with some of the situations Diana wrote.
ReplyDeleteStrange you mention the lady who was on the prison ship. My great, great, great grandfather Nathan was captured at the battle of Monmouth, on June 28, 1778. He was put on a British prison ship in the same harbor and died of "goal fever" shortly there after.
ReplyDeleteI've always liked the Horatio Hornblower character in C.S. Forester's books.
Interesting question... Probably a character in one of my books...
ReplyDeleteDirk Pitt from the earlier Clive Cussler novels. The later the series, the more campy and predictable the character and scenarios.
ReplyDelete