I just read this very interesting article over on FOX news about a California swat team getting ‘flack” because they allowed children to hold and look at their automatic weapons. I say “Lucky Kids” wish I could hold one. The best part I find is that this police event happend in the ultra liberal state of CA.
Of course the liberal California politicians are outraged by this. But they are missing the mark, the event was meant to teach kids gun safety at an early age.
I thought the comments of some old lady with the last name Holtz were amusing ,(She’s the old lady in the photo with the sun hat on) if she only knew my family, where our Six year old has his own gun. What would she say to that?
Here is the complete article and some interesting facts in there as well about boys who grow up with weapons and being taught gun safety by their fathers vs. those who aren’t.
Here in the South this type of thing is common, and no one thinks anything of it. There's a Ranger camp two counties over. Every year they have an open house. The Boy Scouts are allowed to operate some of the weapons out on the range and it's a highlight for them.
ReplyDeleteShe'd probably have defacs out there hauling off your kids to foster homes, because you must be unfit parents if you own a gun. She's entitled to her opinions, but not to fob those opinions off on other people. That's one of the things about people like her I've never understood. I have never tried to force anyone to buy a gun, so why do so many think it's their right to prevent me from doing so if I want to purchase one?
ReplyDeleteArsenius- Yes the old lady would probably have me reported, and my kids taken away. And I agree, I do not understand either, I don't care what other people do in their lives, so why if We want to teach our kids about guns, should it be anyone elses business?
ReplyDelete