Last night I saw the below linked preview for this weeks " 60 Minutes".. It broke my heart. They are doing a story on homeless families, and how the it has affected the kids.Featured in the story is the Metzgher family. The mother died, the father can not find work in construction. He took the last 1000.00 he had to buy a moving truck for he and his 2 teenagers to live in. Please listen to the clip..these kids are wise beyond their years. I wish all these occupy brats would watch the show, and learn a lesson from these kids, If you are reading my blog and have children ..sit them down and make them watch this on Sunday night. The daughter is so profound, and wise beyond her years. When girls her age are worried about boys, makeup and clothes. Arielle has to worry about where she is going to use the bathroom at, and where they will sleep at night. They are in Florida, and I wish I could find and help them with the little bit I have. Its just not fair that kids have to live like this.
Hard Times Generation Preview on 60 minutes
JUGM - we don't have tv. but i would love it if you put up a synopsis of the show when you get the chance. i would love to hear more!
ReplyDeletethanks for sharing!
your friend,
kymber
Kymber- You can go online to http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/60minutes/main3415.shtml
ReplyDeleteand watch the full episodes. This particular story does not air until tomorrow night the 27th. 60 minutes came to florida and did a interview with homeless children, I applaud these kids and their view on life..its something everyone should watch.
I think there are more people that live like this than most of us realize. Also, lots of people live in camp trailers that they can easily move from place to place. I'm afraid it's going to get worse before it gets better.
ReplyDeleteRose- one of our former favorite campgrounds has been overtaken by folks living in campers..its very sad to see.
ReplyDelete