Tuesday, January 1, 2013

HAP'PY HAP'PY HAP'PY New Year !

Its 2013, and we all partied hard last night. A couple glasses of wine for me, beer for Senior. The boys over did it a bit on the Apple Juice.
The fire in the pit was hot, and I had pigs n a blanket and mozzarella cheese sticks for our New Years Snack.
Our boys were purely bent on staying up till Midnight to watch the ball drop in Times Square. They had never seen that before. So it was more Star Wars, this time "Return of the Jedi" ...that is three nights in a row for me. I feel like I am super qualified now to fly the millennium falcon.

We of course watched the festivities on FOX. Then to my delight,  My Girl Pat Benatar performed.She can still rock it. And looks gorgeous. ND and NW looked at mommy like she was nuts singing "Heartbreaker" with the TV.   : )

The boys started getting whiny..They were tired and it was showing..but no way were they going to bed. Then we had the countdown..and screamed "HAPPY NEW YEAR". 
I think within 5 minutes of getting under the covers they were both passed out.And slept in until 1030. They never do that. 

So now its 2013,I just commented over on Robs Ramblings that I think we should all be saying "Happy Scary New Year" instead. This time last year I was thrilled it being 2012, it was an election year and I was excited at the prospect of BO getting voted out..well, we all know how that turned out.
The only thing I look forward to this year is my faith, family and friends...

Thanks for following my little blog, and hearing my rants..Thanks for sharing in my good times, and being supportive through my rough patches.You are all another family to me, and some of the best friends ever.  God Bless You all in 2013...

-JUGM

15 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you too. I was asleep by 9pm. LOL. (No kids left at home :))

    Blessings,
    Red

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blessings to you as well Red..glad you are back to blogging

      Delete
  2. I was in bed by 10:30. Hope this is a good year for us all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not much to look forward to this year I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your story cracks me up!!! We were high fivin' cause we were still up at 11pm and then passed out about 10 minutes later LOL!!! I think our low expectations of this year in regards to gov. and whatnot will make for a pleasant suprise. As crappy as we think it's going to be, it might actually not be so bad ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure hope you are right about it not being so bad. Impeachment would sure lift my spirits a bit. : )

      Delete
  5. Good for your boys waiting up to welcome in the new year!! We "cheated" here on the west coast. We watched Fox with its countdown when it was live and at 9 p.m. our time we watched the ball drop, said Happy New Year to each other, gave each other a kiss, and then went to bed by 10 p.m. LOL.

    I hope it will be a good year. I do believe like you said it will be a scary year, but I, like you, rely on my faith and I'll just keep trusting God is in control :)

    happy new year!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you too Betty.. Thats the benefits of the West Coast life.. you get every thing 3 hours before we do. : )

      Delete
  6. Okay, it must be the champagne, but I can't find the button on here to send you a message. Anyway did you send me your address? My email was daveandkelly(the number one)1@gmail.com The number one looks like an L and one other person had trouble figuring it out! I'm almost done with my homemade gifts and I want to send you something. I understand if you don't want to give out your address. K was a little weird but gave in LOL!!!! I won't share your info. trust me. I am probally antiestablishmentarismment as much as anyone you know LOL!!!!! Just wanted to make sure you had the right email ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not the champaigne.. I don't have the little email button. : )

      OMG! a homemade Kelly gift. I will email you.

      Delete
  7. Scary ain't the half of it... At least Carolina won today! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And he missed most of it! We were re-organizing our food storage all day. Last night, Mr. Senior got happy with his shotgun when midnight struck. So he let off a couple..this morning the debris was all over my car. so in the 4th quarter he was out washing it, and I had to tell him about the last min. of the game... it was probably one of the best Bowl games in a while.

      Now I am ready for my Seminoles.... : )

      Delete
  8. Thanks Mom for being around. You and Senior provide great wisdom all the time.

    ReplyDelete