Tuesday, August 20, 2013

What do you do When...


The moment you have waited for 3 years finally arrives? This happened to me this morning.

 I Was out for coffee with friends, when I look across at the Chick -Fila counter and there she stood: The one person that ruined my entire scrap booking life.

It is a long and sorted story, basically I confided in "DC", about a private issue with our scrap book leader aka “Mama Chick”    She gave me the advice that If I was having a problem to go talk to Mama Chick about it. " You guys are such good friends..it will be okay"  So I took DC's advice...boy was I wrong.
 Little did I know that DH had called Mama Chick, embellished it all and made it something it wasn't.
 
 After that I was considered “catty” and shunned from their inner circle. My feelings were hurt. I thought these women my friends…  I know had they been real friends, they would have never treated me  that way, and I would have been asked my side of the situation. I would have been given an opportunity to defend myself.
  “Mama Chick”  also blocked me on her Facebook, deleted me from the group’s yahoo page, and turned her entire family against Senior and me. They live across the street, every day is a constant reminder. Once we were friends, any time she needed something I was there to help out. All that gone now.
I have tried to make amends, I have tried to talk to her.. She won't have any of it. She doesn't even  acknowledge my or my families existence.

So, for the past 3 years, all I ever hoped for was this precise moment: To confront the gossiper-DC. To let her have a piece of my mind. And here it was delivered to me on a silver platter.

I got up, to get a coffee refill, I thought of what to do. My hands were shaking. I felt weak in the knees. My cheeks flushed. I sat my coffee on our table and walked to the restroom, Her back was to me. As I past, DC 's husband looked up and whispered.
I stood in front of the bathroom mirror, refreshed my make up—No way in Hell was she going to report back that I looked crappy. I looked at myself, and grabbed the edge of the sink, and prayed to God for guidance.-What should I do in this situation Lord?  Her gossiping hurt deep. Those women won’t talk to me anymore, much less even look at me, all because of her evil tongue.  I confided in her, trusted her with a private matter and she betrayed my trust.

I have waited so long for this moment, I had it all thought out in my head what I would do, or so I thought.....

Then the voice said “Hold your head up, walk past, without acknowledging her, you are the better person”
 That was it?   I don’t get to confront her?  "I don't get to done my booty kicking shoes and let her have it" ?
Then I said “okay God, you know what you are doing”.   

And that is just what I did.  I walked slowly past, my head was held high. I did not look to the right or the left, just straight ahead. 

And for that, I  know and understand that I was the bigger person. She was expecting me to be "catty" and make a scene.  But, I proved her and the rest of the witches in my former group wrong. I gave her nothing more to gossip about—no reports on how “catty” I am.  If anything it would be how fabulous I looked. 
 
  I was so extremely proud of me.
And with that I smiled a confident smile and went back to the table with my real friends.

My friend “K” asked if I was okay. Her little 2 year old daughter climbed in my lap, and hugged me.

“Yep, never better” I said.

 -JUGM

21 comments:

  1. Should have just punched her in the back of the head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. let me tell you PP, I really, really wanted to. Senior can testify, how I have been wanting too. That was my intial goal in life was to just knock the crap out of her. but, that would have been what they wanted me to do..
      And as for Mama Chick, she looks like Danny DeVito when he played "Penguin" in one of the batman movies..Senior can vouche. she is shaped just like that. no kidding!

      Delete
  2. Our cats aren't even that catty, these girls deserve a different word that rimes with witches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That ryhme is what I was intending. Of course there are lots of words for women like that..

      Delete
  3. At least you found out that they weren't friends before you invested more time and effort. True friends don't act like that way, and are forgiving.

    My Sweetheart used to scrapbook but uses http://www.picaboo.com/photobooks/ now. The finished product is soooo much better. They do run some awesome deals, so wait until one pops up before ordering. Sweetheart does a book every year, and does bits and pieces on her laptop throughout the year.

    I hope that I've turned you onto a new site.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. exactly K. And I and Senior know that. They really hurt me bad, and I still get reminded every time I look out my window or leave the house--Mama Chick lives across the street. but to the right of our house as we are on a corner. Thank God she is not directly in front of us.

      Thanks for that site..I will go check it out.

      Delete
  4. Gurlie - i couldn't be more proud of you for being the "bigger" person in that whole, ugly dilemna! i am so sorry that these witches hurt you - i hate when that kind of crap happens!!! i'm also happy that you looked smashing - trust me, that probably bugged the crap out of her - good for you!

    too bad i wasn't there with you. you could have still been the bigger person and i could kicked the poop out of her - bahahahahahah! now that would have been awesome!

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
  5. We all have found out who are friends are the hard way. Another friend is a single mom with a 4 year old daughter and also has learned the hard way after she had her daughter. She is in her early 30's. So sad that people get off by making others feel like carp.

    You did the right thing. Bravo to you and Senior.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's exactly how I would have handled it. It does no good to give vindictive people more fodder for their cannons.

    It's a shame that something as "feminine", "delightful", and creative, fell into the hands of bitches. Big ducks in a little pond.

    I have made greeting cards for years and, when I moved, I found a card making SU group. The leader became stiff and caustic when I didn't follow her orders, and did a bit differently on MY card.

    After that, she said her group was "full" and she had no room for me.

    I'm now glad I found out on the first day that this was NOT a happy scrapper. Just a "scrapper".

    ReplyDelete
  7. She'll want something from you someday. If it's after the collapse, you could even say she might desperately need something from you.....

    Just grin really big and shut the front door gently in her face.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is so painful when people we care for and help turn their backs so easily and with what appears to be no pain at all. I had a friend do that to me after I was mugged. I can not tell you how many things Phil and I sacrificed for her and suffered through with her and yet at the drop of a hat(or gun) she was gone, but like you when I have had the opportunity to be vindictive, I passed.

    For me, I always said when I look in the mirror I never want to see her face looking back at me. I never want to behave like that, personally I could never live with myself.

    I wouldn't blame you or hold it against you if you had let her have it, but I am not surprised that you didn't. You are a class act.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. agirl - here here. that was an excellent comment! i am glad that when you look in the mirror you see a woman who has lived through a horror, but came out stronger in the end!

      your friend,
      kymber

      Delete
  9. Kymber: Gurlie.. I know you would have my back, as I yours. But Senior and Jambaloney would have needed bail money to get us out of jail. DC is the kind of person that would have most def. pressed charges.. so really she and the Mama Chick aren't worth it. And you and I both are too good to waste our punches on the likes of people like that.

    If there was any consolation its the fact that Father Time is punishing her...I noticed she is starting to suffer from Female Baldness.

    ROB: Thanks Buddy. I hope your friends situation gets better.

    LOTTA: If I had made a scene, it would have fed right in to how they thought of me. And I won't give them that pleasure. Which is why when I see Mama Chicks husband or one of her kids, I always go out of my way to Say "hello" just to prove to her family I am not the Ogre she has made me out to be. The same was with our group, whatever Mama Chick said was law, if you questioned it, you were quickly hushed. I am better off and so are you. There are a lot more pressing issues in this world then what layout I used on a scrap page. lol.

    MATT: Senior and I have said that as well, but when the collapse happens we won't be here to answer the door to anyone. Mama Chick and her family won't last a week. Guarenteed.

    AGIRL: Good to see ya! We were the kind of neighbors what when Mama Chick needed anything I was always there for her. Whether it was taking one of her kids some where, or when she ran out of something.. But the one time I questioned her.. BAM! I was shunned. They also did my German friend the same way, because she spoke up for me.

    As a friend in general, I might not always agree with you, we may argue..but By God, I will never turn my back on you, nor would I ever treat you the way these ladies have treated me. I really did want to just to knock the living crap out of DC. But that is what she and the mama chick would have expected, and I will not give them the benefit. While DC cowered in her booth, I walked past with my head high. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gurlie - i know the amount of trouble you and i could get ourselves into - bahahahah! it's almost a blessing that we live so far away! i would gladly take the stupid charges she would lay on me...and pray that amongst you, Senior and jam - you could come up with my bail money!!!! but hey, female baldness??? i guess karma really does exist!

      your friend, with your back, who knows that you have mine!
      kymber

      Delete
    2. Mom, our friend is one of the dance teachers for my daughters. She was engaged to be married. Baby daddy called off the wedding and she has the kid. Some of the dance moms turned their backs on her after she had her daughter. We have embraced her as she is a wonderful person, and is doing a great as a single mom.

      Delete
  10. Any time you deal with people you take a risk. That's why I don't do it much. On the other hand, there are lots of good folks who help make life worth living. When I was younger, I went by the adage "always repay your debts with interest, and in the same coin." If somebody did me an injury, I did them one back. I know revenge is not supposed to be satisfying but I always felt good about it. As I got older though, I started figuring that all the thought, energy and resources I put into paying old scores could be better expended in activities that benefit myself and my family. Now, unless someone does something that negatively impacts my kids, I tend to just shrug it off. Your reaction in the public place was wise. Whatever you do or don't do, you need to think it through. Acting on impulse is not the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You and I would have fun! I've been a similar situation and you should feel great about yourself. :) A good smack up beside her face would shut her up temporarily. lol
    We're moms now so we have to be nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. KYMBER: Yes female baldness...she had this big hairless patch on the top of her head.. So it is true, what comes around goes around. I would rather be covered in boils then have to deal with baldness..
    Yes, even if Senior had to sell a gun, we would get you out of the pokey! lol

    HARRY: Always so wise- Much like your old adage, I live by "Pay it forward" kind of the same thing.. When I was younger, yes I would have been more impulsive, but now that I am old and wise..I think first before I act.

    MARIE: Dang it! there is that mom thing again! lol Senior said i should have "accidently" dumped coffee in her lap..

    ReplyDelete
  13. It would have been perfect if you had given a little horrified shriek and pointed to the bald spot, asking her if she had something contagious, all in a sweet, soft tone. Then, turn to husband and say you really felt sorry for him being married to a woman who was a backstabber and now going bald, but that a good wig could be had for $5000 and no one would know his wife was bald. If she spits and sputters, stay kind and let her hit you first.

    NO, never be mean to her...lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Geez Linda.. Why is it a person never thinks of the good stuff until after the fact.. I would have loved to have said that.. I could only imagine the horrid look on both their faces if I had done that.. so yes, I will keep it in mind... THANK YOU!!!!!!

      Delete
  14. Way to go Lady! :-) Proud of you for doing that!

    ReplyDelete