Baseball game did not go well for the little Orioles, after winning Tuesday 22-13, we lost last night 12-7. A big bummer and it made for some unhappy coaches.
I was the official score keeper, and I swear if one more parent asked me what the score was while a play was happening I was going to unleash the kracken....
Today in the aftermath of last nights loss, school is out for a planning day. chaos is running wild in the house. The craziness of what makes a boy a "boy" abounds..
Would I have it any other way? Some days, it is nice to have every thing quiet. But today, I enjoy the laughter. I enjoy all the noises of what come with having kids. I am happy knowing that our boys are smart, and healthy. Life is so simple, and carefree to them, thinking of that led me to this poem, not sure who actually wrote it as it was not credited to anyone, but I liked it and thought I would share:
Little Boys
Little boys come in all shapes and sizes, Shy and adventurous,
Little boys come in all shapes and sizes, Shy and adventurous,
full of surprises,
With misshapen halos and mischievous grins,
Small dirty faces, and sweet, sticky chins.
They'll keep you so busy,
and yet all the while
Nothing can brighten the world like their smile.
And no greater treasure has brought homes more joy
Than a curious, active, and lovable boy!
-JUGM
Parents who take the game seriously like they where paid pro's drive me crazy. Its to build skills and have fun. Maybe get a dry erase board hang it up and write down scores?? I know too much trouble.
ReplyDeletewith my luck, some kid would come along and wipe off the score from the board..lol Then I would really "unleash".
DeleteYes it cracks me up as well the parents who take little league to that level. The way some of these kids are outfitted....names embroided on bat bags, sunglasses while up to bat....the whole nine yards...
Heh - I remember my sons first baseball team. At one point a dog actually got on the field and stole their ball and both teams were chasing the dog. It was great fun. I never laughed so hard.
ReplyDeleteBoy are oppressed these days... Save the Boys!!!
Yes "Save the Boys' I feel for mine..the future for them is so bleak.
DeleteThat is a funny story about the dog, and with as many folks that bring theirs to the fields, I am waiting on it to happen..
Gurlie - that poem is awesome! and i am so glad that you and Senior are raising such good boys. PP above is right - if we don't start saving the boys, we are screwed.
ReplyDeleteas for your reference to the kracken....the only reason i knew about it is that someone gave us a bottle for xmas. it's spiced rhum and it's called kracken. on the back of the bottle is the story of the kracken. i found it funny because if i had never seen that bottle i would have had absolutely no idea what you were referencing - bahahahahah! much love to you and yours Gurlie!
your friend,
kymber
Thank you sweetie---yes we are so screwed if we don't save the boys....
DeleteThe Kracken was in the Pirates of the Carribbean movie "Dead mans chest" , plus in mythology. saying that cracks me up, cause it was how I felt last night.
I have seen that rum as well, But have not par taken of it. Have you guys opened it up? Is it any good? I always love a good rum.
i can't stand anything other than red wine and i only drink one kind - lindeman's bin 50 shiraz. i won't touch anything else. jamie says the kracken is really tasty, nice and spiced and pretty strong. we got it years ago and when he drank it, he would pour 2 fingers in a glass, no ice and just sip it. he really liked it. xox
DeleteMy favorite wine is a muscodine red wine from a local winery. If I could send you a bottle I would. It is yummy
DeleteBoys are a joy! I have four of them, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
ReplyDelete4 ? Holy cow. One of.my friends has 3 and I tell her there is a special place in Heaven...lol. but I wouldn't trade my boys for anything
Delete